Ride Report:Lackawana Rails Part II, Not Quite Like The First.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Default RE: Ride Report:Lackawana Rails Part II, Not Quite Like The First.

Hmmm...and I was thinking of heading out to explore PA next weekend. It would be nice to know what the citations were specifically for? Do you have a statute number?

Old 06-11-2007, 04:27 PM
1st Gear Member

From talking with Jsac I'm actually surprised you only got citations, he said that in PA the typical SOP is to impound the machine and then you get the tickets on top of that. But that might only be for true dirtbikes and quads, plated vehicles might be different.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

The ciations were for: operation outside of designated route. Patrick also got one for an expired operators permit. Yeah they said that they usually do impound vehicles. Yes nobrakes it was Patrick and it was a very mild pace. I am going to call the officer now, we'll see how it goes.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Jeepers, I leave you guy's alone for one weekend, and look what happens [sm=bustedsign.gif].
Oh well could have been worse I guess, no one was hurt, thats always good. Patrick will bounce back with some new fangled cover with a turbo or something. LOL.
Let us know about the tickets, good luck.
DivoDave.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I talked to the officer and her boss last night(yes it was a girl that was writing the tickets out), well lets just sat that it went about as well as you think it would having to deal with any part of our government. I was informed by the officer and her boss that we were both cut some slack. She had no reasoning on why she thought Patrick was not guilty for operating outside a designated route and ripped up his ticket for that, but mine still stood. I was told that we both still had one ticket so it was fair. I then asked her why she didn't rip up his no license ticket instead and leave us both with the same ticket? Again no comment or reasoning. I was told by her boss that she showed him on the map where we were and that we were clearly on federal land, yet when I asked him for the map locations or gps points of where the federal land started and where we were he seemed to have no idea of where it was. Isn't dealing with our government great.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:52 PM
1st Gear Member

As bad as it is, I would prefer to deal with our government than some of the alternatives. Afghanistan, Malayasia & Russia to name a few. Still I wish they would;
FUC* OFF & LEAVE US ALONE! CATCH A REAL CRIMINAL FFS!

Old 06-13-2007, 12:37 AM
1st Gear Member

The law enforcement officers back east are death on you poor guys. Never heard of anything like this in Utah, although there are plenty of other annoyances to deal with here.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:32 AM
1st Gear Member

I am sure that our government is way better to deal with than most. It kind of makes you wonder that the government has nothing better to spend tax payers money and waste government workers time on then tracking down 2 guys on dirt bikes in the woods. You would think that finding Osama Bin Laden would be higher on the list then finding2 dirt bikers riding through the woods. Oh well at least they have there priorities straight.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:10 PM
1st Gear Member

That totally sucks. If you plan to fight the ticket, you a week before the trial, subpoena the map they use and to determine where you were at. When they either don't bring it or have something that's totally off, move for a dismissal on these grounds.
You can get a subpoena for $10 at the presiding court house.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:37 AM
1st Gear Member

I am probably just going to pay the ticket. It is for $75 dollars. I will have to drive 150 miles + round trip to appear in court and lose at least a half a day of work. Yeah it sucks, and I usually do fight for the cause but it just isn't worth it this time.