Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Ride Report

Last Friday night a buddy of mine showed up at my house with an 04 KTM 625. The bike is like brand new with only 160 miles on it. The dealer put the dual sport kit on it andregistered it for him. About 8 pm we headed out for a Two hourride at night. It was about 45 degreesout, so it wasn't that cold. We switched bikes right from the start, I couldn't wait to get my hands on that thing.This bike is FAST!!!! You cant imagine how fast this bike is. With the crack of the throttle it want to wheelie in all the gears. The suspension felt good and for such heavy bike you didn't noticethe weight muchwhile riding. The one thing I didn't like was it vibrates a lot!![:'(] About 1/2 hour into the ride we switched back to our own bikes and let me say how sweet our little klx is. The klx is sooo smooth compared to my buds ktm. We did a fair amount of single tracking that night and all that power is a mother to handle in the tight stuff! I was much faster on the KLX in the tight stuffthan the KTM. My buddy is 48 years old and has been out of riding off road for about ten years. He is a pretty good rider and did good job of taming that beast! He really loves the KLX but he couldn't pass up the deal that the dealer gave him on the KTM, Lets just say it was a deal of a lifetime

Name:  IMG_0277.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  91.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0280.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  74.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0279.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  73.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0281.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  76.8 KB

P.S. Please forgive the mess in the garage....

Old 03-17-2008, 12:31 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Ride Report

Wow, what a score on that KTM! 160 miles on an '04?! That thing looks brand new.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

A few guys on the ride in Tennessee that I was at a few weeks ago had that bike. I can see where that would be a handful in the tight stuff. Looks great.

Oh, and yeah, you need to clean your garage, I don't know how you stand it.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:10 AM
1st Gear Member

That's a purdy sxc....same frame, suspension & motor as my adv........I'd luv to buy a sxc 9 liter tank and shrouds for my adv.....but I couldn't imagine riding that bike on tight single track in sugar with trees......I've seen it done, just not me. lol

His sxc has the fcr pumper carb right? Ohhh I gotta get one, mine has a bst ...just like our klx cvk.

Oh yeah I almost forgot.....that lc4 REALLY vibrates... roflmao.....I got used to it after a couple weeks ...... but if I don't pay attention, my throttle handcan get numb asap..lol.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

That's a purdy sxc....same frame, suspension & motor as my adv........I'd luv to buy a sxc 9 liter tank and shrouds for my adv.....but I couldn't imagine riding that bike on tight single track in sugar with trees......I've seen it done, just not me. lol

His sxc has the fcr pumper carb right? Ohhh I gotta get one, mine has a bst ...just like our klx cvk.

Oh yeah I almost forgot.....that lc4 REALLY vibrates... roflmao.....I got used to it after a couple weeks ...... but if I don't pay attention, my throttle handcan get numb asap..lol.

I think it dose have a pumper carb. I didn't even think to look. As for the vibration goes, If I was a chic I would never have stopped riding it...............lol