Recieved the Dunlop 606

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 03:17 AM
Default RE: Recieved the Dunlop 606

Very nice I like that Nobrakes, but damn, I'm scared to add up all the money that I have put into the bike so far, if I saw the actual amount I would probably Shat my pants[:'(], so I just buy something and throw the reciept away if it works, all those numbers would have my wife put me in a shallow grave somewhere.

I too have a bad back, I'm like an old man, it only hurts when it rains, it runs all the way down my leg, the sciatic nerve, and it sucks. I got it from working in a factory where we did nothing but load 18 wheeler trucks all day to supply home depot with all those racks (isles) that you see. I added that between 3 people, my team, we lifted a total of 96 tons in 1 day. Each shelf weighs 150-300 lbs, and its one man per shelf, you had to load it in the truck all by yourself. I regret that crap so bad now, but I needed to pay the bills when I was an unskilled youngster.[:-]

Old 04-27-2006, 04:21 AM

I will also strongly recommend getting the lift from craftsman - Sears. Mine is an atv/bike lift, a little different than Nobrakes' lift. It is red. I think it's a bit older but still the same thing.
I use mine for my atvs and all of my bikes. It is WELL worth it.
Just go to Sears, and find an atv/bike hydraulic jack. You will NOT be sorry. I think it is just as essential as say a spark plug.

Old 04-27-2006, 05:07 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

The thing I like about mine is that 1 it lifts the bike up really high if I need it, and 2 there is no jack or handle in the way, I can get all around the thing without tripping over anything.

Old 04-27-2006, 05:12 AM

ORIGINAL: incabiker

I too have a bad back, I'm like an old man, it only hurts when it rains, it runs all the way down my leg, the sciatic nerve, and it sucks.

incabiker,

Well, not only do I have a bad back, but I am an old man that is walking with teflon and titanium where my right hip joint once existed. Between sports and a few falls, the hip went south. I had to give up my race cars because getting off the ground without putting any pressure on my artificial hip was getting to be a chore.

To get around the problem of laying down on the ground when working on any of the bikes in the garage, I've come up with a few accessories to make my life a bit easier.

Name:  KLX250-ReadyforSurgery.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  130.2 KB

This is my Motorcycle Lift Table from Harbor Freight. I can put any of my bikes on it. The table is 85 inches long and the rear portion lifts out for stuff like removing wheels. I can adjust the height of the bike from 8 to 31 inches above the floor. Makes it nice to work on the bike. No back pain or anything else associated with bending over all day long.

When I need to lift either end of the motorcycle that is on the lift table I also have a motorcycle/atv lift. I bought mine from Pep Boys for $49.95. It works good and does all that I need.

A mild crate on one side of the bike, then push the bike onto it and put down the side stand will also give you a way of supporting the bike.

Old 04-27-2006, 05:21 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

The thing I like about mine is that 1 it lifts the bike up really high if I need it, and 2 there is no jack or handle in the way, I can get all around the thing without tripping over anything.
Yeah, that is a real nice jack, deej - better than the Craftsman I'm sure. It definitely goes up a lot higher than the Craftsman which I'm sure makes some jobs easier. However, the handle slips right out of the Craftsman by pulling a little release pin so it doesn't normally stay once you've got it raised. Also, the little silver lever looking thing on it is a lock mechanism so that when you jack it up, the lock spring-clicks into place, and then you turn the main handle to release the hydrolic pressure and the jack sinks back down slightly and rests on the lock instead of maintaining pressure on the hydrolic seals. I think that is a nice feature. Your's doesn't need that of course, since it appears to be a screw mechanism.

Anyway, I just bought what Sears had in stock. It's a good jack, though I thought it was a bit expensive - I hate being parted from my money. But I hate being laid up with an injured back even more.

Old 04-27-2006, 05:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Actually mine is hydraulic not a screw, and also it has several holes to slide a long pin through and then you can relieve the pressure on the jack seal, but whatever works for everyone is what really counts. I only bought mine because it was at the bike shop when I bought my bike and I threw it in the loan, so in actuality I will have paid more for it than any jack here, and that sucks, so I try not to think about it. LOL

Old 04-27-2006, 07:17 PM

Ok, I got the Tire installed on the rim yesterday[sm=happy046.gif] and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, it actually was harder to change a mountain bike tire lol, due to the fact that the tire irons for the bike are so wimpy. Anyways the hardest part about the whole ordeal was actually getting the 1st bead of the tire over and into the rim. I just had to play around with it and finally got it, it wasn't hard as in sweating your **** off hard, but just tricky to get the 1st bead over the rim without the whole tire shifting. Anyways got that done and the wheel and tire are still sitting on the basement floor, didn't have time to put them on the bike last night. Oh and I used the above suggestion and used a 5 gallon bucket that I had laying around to put the bike on, and it was a perfect fit, its nice and balanced on that bucket.

I've got to clean the chain off and also regrease the axle, then I'm going to put the tire back on and off I go. I will be posting pictures of the new tire later tonight to show you how it looks.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Whoops edit, I forgot the linky.

This is also another product I bought at the bike shop and I have yet to use it, but I have been told that it really helps. You can screw it down to a piece of plywood, and it even has a place for the sprocket or the brake disc to set in, and also a slot for the tire irons. Oh and a video on how to use it of course.

http://www.ziptyracing.com/products/...px?id=MTMwOQ==

deej

Old 04-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: incabiker
I will be posting pictures of the new tire later tonight to show you how it looks.
Sounds like a perfect time to get some pictures of your new muffler, HINT HINT!

Old 04-27-2006, 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: deej

Whoops edit, I forgot the linky.

This is also another product I bought at the bike shop and I have yet to use it, but I have been told that it really helps. You can screw it down to a piece of plywood, and it even has a place for the sprocket or the brake disc to set in, and also a slot for the tire irons. Oh and a video on how to use it of course.

http://www.ziptyracing.com/products/...px?id=MTMwOQ==

deej
Cool Deej. All I did was use the new unmounted tire and put the wheel and tire on top of that so the sprocket was off the ground, it worked great. Oh yeah I also used a whole bunch of soapy water and Baby powder. I put in a heavy duty Kenda tube, so I hope I didn't pinch the tube, would you know immediatley if you pinched a tube? I pumped the tire up to 24 PSI and it stayed at 24 PSI for over 2 hours, so hopefully its ok.

Quick Reply: Recieved the Dunlop 606