Price on an 09.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 03:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Price on an 09.

Let's just say....

You had a red 09 KLX. Minor scratches on the plastic. Slightly more than minor. It ain't brand new, that's for sure. It's a dirt bike whaddya want!!!

jet kit. full muzzy exhaust (the 09 humungo one), dunlop 606 rear, kenda front, about 6k miles. Check out my ride report. Awesome trail bike. But wait there's more. 17" street wheels ready to go. Street wheels that are pretty new with little visible wear along with mounted sprocket and rotors. plus the different chain. you do know you need a different chain with smaller wheels right? motard swap n go setup. Moto pro suspension front and rear setup for a 200lb enduro rider. .44 i believe. rear plate fender dremeled. Tusk-dflex, black. well scraped but baddass. Tusk t-10 KX high bars. the wheel sets are all self contained meaning that rotors, sprockets, and chains are all matched up and ready to swap. It's a ready to go street and dirt setup.

what would you pay. yes this is my bike, and no I don't have any pics. sue me.

I would pay 4K. The wheels alone were $800. The rims are very very new. Spokes and hubs are older but work great and look fine.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Selling your '09 already?

IDK, 4K sounds a bit low-ball if you have all those mods and extra goodies. If you sell the 17" wheels seperate you'd make more money.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:09 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

if selling, way too low. r u crazy? sell the bike with minimal mods, then sell the mods on craigslist. that's the smart thing to do. dumping the bike as listed for 4K is something, well, only a moron would do. sorry, but that's as nice as I can put it. have you tried finding an '09 lately? a red one at that? they're not easy to locate and who wants to pay $500 for a Muzzy new? sell the sucker on ebay for $300 or so along with the wheels. jeesh.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:07 AM
1st Gear Member

QUOTE=09KLXowner;354064]if selling, way too low. r u crazy? sell the bike with minimal mods, then sell the mods on craigslist. that's the smart thing to do. dumping the bike as listed for 4K is something, well, only a moron would do. sorry, but that's as nice as I can put it. have you tried finding an '09 lately? a red one at that? they're not easy to locate and who wants to pay $500 for a Muzzy new? sell the sucker on ebay for $300 or so along with the wheels. jeesh.[/QUOTE]

"sorry, but that's as nice as I can put it."

Dang IG, it's sad, but I believe you. Somebody once said that tact it the ability to tell a man to go to hell and have him thank you for sending him on his way. Here we have a member who asks for an opinion and you opine that only a moron would do what he is suggesting. If you were on the receiving end of that comment how would you react?

Most of us realize that getting value out of mods - other to those informed as to their value, that is, members of this or other similar forums - is a losing proposition. Dealers will tell you that a stock bike is easier to sell to...... noobs. So your point is well taken, I just wish you would chose your words a little more carefully.

Teddy said it, and it's true. Speak softly and carry a big stick........

Old 02-02-2009, 05:46 AM
1st Gear Member

sent you a PM.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Just trying to get a feel for the market. Every time I pull into the driveway from a ride I'm thinking "There's no way I could sell this thing"

I might still though. Considered the 350 kit..but eh....

There's a big trip out to Big Bend this month. Wanna try out the camping thing and get out into some real desert.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xerxes
QUOTE=09KLXowner;354064]if selling, way too low. r u crazy? sell the bike with minimal mods, then sell the mods on craigslist. that's the smart thing to do. dumping the bike as listed for 4K is something, well, only a moron would do. sorry, but that's as nice as I can put it. have you tried finding an '09 lately? a red one at that? they're not easy to locate and who wants to pay $500 for a Muzzy new? sell the sucker on ebay for $300 or so along with the wheels. jeesh.

"sorry, but that's as nice as I can put it."

Dang IG, it's sad, but I believe you. Somebody once said that tact it the ability to tell a man to go to hell and have him thank you for sending him on his way. Here we have a member who asks for an opinion and you opine that only a moron would do what he is suggesting. If you were on the receiving end of that comment how would you react?

Most of us realize that getting value out of mods - other to those informed as to their value, that is, members of this or other similar forums - is a losing proposition. Dealers will tell you that a stock bike is easier to sell to...... noobs. So your point is well taken, I just wish you would chose your words a little more carefully.

Teddy said it, and it's true. Speak softly and carry a big stick........

........still trying to figure your reply out. you say you "believe me", but then it sounds like you don't. I didn't call the op a moron, just someone who would sell a bike like he has for that price.
I was just trying to get my point across.

Last edited by 09KLXowner; 02-02-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
I was just trying to get my point across.
A friendly suggestion: Calling anyone a moron to make your point isn't going to be very successful. I know you've said that you don't care what people think and you just speak your mind, but there's a thing called tact, you would be alot more popular around here if you used it instead of always "Calling it like I see it"

JE: If you have already outgrown this bike, or lost interest, my suggestion is to go ahead, cut your losses, and get while the getting is good. Don't keep throwing money at it (big bore, etc) if you're not happy with the bike. You've only had it a few months and you're already bored with it (I'm guessing). There's no way you'll still be having fun in two years if you got bored in 6 months.

These bikes are in demand, as are the parts. I'd be interested in your full '09 Muzzys if you do decide to move on. Sell the parts, bring it as close to stock as you can, and trade it in / sell it to someone.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffsta
A friendly suggestion: Calling anyone a moron to make your point isn't going to be very successful. I know you've said that you don't care what people think and you just speak your mind, but there's a thing called tact, you would be alot more popular around here if you used it instead of always "Calling it like I see it"

JE: If you have already outgrown this bike, or lost interest, my suggestion is to go ahead, cut your losses, and get while the getting is good. Don't keep throwing money at it (big bore, etc) if you're not happy with the bike. You've only had it a few months and you're already bored with it (I'm guessing). There's no way you'll still be having fun in two years if you got bored in 6 months.

These bikes are in demand, as are the parts. I'd be interested in your full '09 Muzzys if you do decide to move on. Sell the parts, bring it as close to stock as you can, and trade it in / sell it to someone.
show me where I called ANYONE a moron. you evidently just like to argue.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
moron
Haha.

Quick Reply: Price on an 09.