Power Commander V KLX250 EFI

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Default High speed

Jeff I read your comment under video:
This Klx is pure stock, but has been ecu de-restricted (it allows to rev longer, up to10000 rpm in 5th and 6th gear). I also cut both sides of the air box snorkel so the bike can take more air. Under normal conditions this stock bike does not run more than 135kmh but downhill it has reached 155 kmh. Tyres inflated to 2.0 kg/cm2 (michelin sirac).
Me and my clubmates little bit confused by word play of that text, please dot all i's. Choose one of two variants:
1) This bike with slight mods (ecu de-restricted, cut airbox) can run more than 150 kmh (by speedo) on flat(!) road, without tailwind. (this video was made on flat road)
2) This bike with slight mods (ecu de-restricted, cut airbox) nevertheless is pure stock and under normal conditions this stock bike does not run more than 135kmh but downhill it has reached 155 kmh (this video was made on downhill road)

Old 07-11-2012, 02:26 PM
1st Gear Member

2) This bike with slight mods (ecu de-restricted, cut airbox) nevertheless is pure stock and under normal conditions this stock bike does not run more than 135kmh but downhill it has reached 155 kmh (this video was made on downhill road)

Old 07-12-2012, 02:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Hi Jeff,

Just wanted to know if your PAIR valve is blocked. If it's not blocked it will cause the O2 sensor to get incorrect Air Fuel Ratio readings. A guy running a PCV + AT recommends this & has a very fast 331.

If you have blocked the PAIR valve, how did you do it?

Thx

Old 07-12-2012, 03:48 PM
1st Gear Member

My bike has the O2 sensor removed, obviously.

Entire circuit also eliminated insufflation of air into the exhaust system, including the valve. So that did not show the light of FI in Table I have replaced the sensor resistance, I remember that 1W and 220Ohm

http://www.2y4t.com/8/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=129075

Old 08-04-2012, 07:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Thx jeff,

Not wanting to rip out the whole smog & PAIR valve unit off my bike, I just blocked the rubber air tube (92191C) running from the PAIR valve to the cylinder head with a good blob of silastic hi-temp gasket sealant. I have absolutely NO deceleration exhaust popping now!! Job done....

I found this info on another forum regarding configuring the PCv TPS & thought I would add it to your thread:

I'm in the process of understanding my PC-V... it's already installed and working fine but there are some things I would like to know better. Here you have some research I made with Dynojet crew, I hope it helps.

I get in contact with a guy from Dynojet about TPS Calibration because the manual says this:
"It's important that the PCV software TPS read 0% when the bike is fully warmed up and at idle. If it needs to be reset make sure the bike is fully
warmed up before resetting. With the engine off click on Reset, open throttle to the stop and close, then click OK."

I realized that this procedure was not correct and they told me that the manual was wrong... they say: "Ignore the instructions! Do the calibrate with the bike running. Click reset, grab the throttle and snap it wide open for an instant, then let go. Click ok." Do it very fast to avoid high revs!

I also noticed that the output voltage were increased when I installed the PCV and they told me that this is normal... they say too:

"You shouldn’t need to change the stock TPS values. The PCV just needs to know what the current values are."

Old 08-04-2012, 11:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Forgive me do not quite understand your question.
Calibration was simple throttle, from 0% to 100% with the engine off.

Then it was a matter of putting the map and you're right.
I begin to suspect that the throttle body is insufficient for the 330cc, 300cc only serves for.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeffward
Forgive me do not quite understand your question.
Calibration was simple throttle, from 0% to 100% with the engine off.
This was not a question Jeff, just sharing a post from another forum. The guy posted a reply from a tech man at DynoJet. Just thought I would share it on your Power Commander thread. (I'm guessing both methods work).

The throttle body I suspect could be bigger BUT when my 331 is running well, it feels extremely fast & torquey for a KLX. Have you got any ideas on using a different throttle body Jeff?

Old 08-05-2012, 01:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Now I understand.
I'm glad your bike is working well.

Do not know anyone who has installed a fuel injection body more, but understand that it is possible. The diameter of the throttle body is a serious limitation to the increase in performance KLX injected in the same way as with the carburetor KLX.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:27 PM
1st Gear Member

I have read many threads here and other forums. I am curious how this guy is doing it? i guess the speedo maybe off.

http://

Old 08-05-2012, 05:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by yankee99
I have read many threads here and other forums. I am curious how this guy is doing it? i guess the speedo maybe off.
I'm running the same diablo rosso tyres & stock gearing as the guys bike in the video. My speedo pretty much matches the same rpm's at 7, 8, 9 & 10,000rpm! My speedo has been checked with a friends GPS unit & was surprisingly accurate, I think the readings on the video are true enough.

If this guy is only running a 250 with just a pipe it's very impressive,(basically impossible) as he is doing what my bike does & i have a very trick 331......he for sure has a trick ecu or piggyback controller, as the stock bike is not gas "rich" enough to pull over 135kmh this easily!!! The guy is having a bit of fun on youtube by not mentioning something extra done to the bike!! I could post a similar video of my speedo with a GoPro & show an indicated 160kmh (revving the nuts of her) & say my bike is a pretty stock 250, then sit back & watch the rest of the D-Tracker world watch my video with open mouth envy...But that would be a cruel joke to play...lol

Last edited by JoelThailand; 08-06-2012 at 04:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Power Commander V KLX250 EFI