picked her up today

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 06:17 AM
Default picked her up today

Hey whats up guys,
Today I finally went and picked it up. I was a little aggervated because i stopped at the dmv first to take my test for the permit and was stuck in there for three hours because it was so busy, but it was worth it. My first impressions was that it seems a little under powered from what im used to but it was exactly what i was expecting, from reading all the info over the last couple of months. Today was awsome. I put almost 85 miles on throughout the day and can't wait to start doing some mods. When i went of road today I noticed i broke off that little drain resevoir at the bottom of the bike. Any of you guys think its important and should I replace it? I have to check the manual to see exactly what it is. I just want to thank everyone here in the forum for helping me make the right decision.!! Can't wait to go riding and exploring again tomm...it is a sweet bike and handles great on the road, better then i was expecting aswell as off road.... i love the suspension compared to bikes of mine in the past.
take care guys and thanks again for all the great info!!!
Justin

Old 03-19-2006, 06:22 AM
Default RE: picked her up today

Congrats!

Yes, the little catch can. It's on the airbox drain. It's there to keep any oil that acccumulates in the airbox overtiem from just being dumped ot the ground. Don't worry about it. The drain is outside the air filter, so a small amount of air will get sucked in throug htere, but that's not a problem at all. It's mostly there to keep the eco-***** happy. So now instead of possible leaving drops of oil out on the trials, you instead leave a entire plastic part.