Odometer

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Lets talk about monkey but for a while. Pros, cons, how do you deal with it.
How do you diagnose it as monkey butt and not some other ailment of the buttocks area.
What is your favourite precaution against MBD, what is the best treatment if you should be so unlucky as to succumb.

Any thoughts?

Old 04-14-2010, 02:49 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
Lets talk about monkey but for a while. Pros, cons, how do you deal with it.
How do you diagnose it as monkey butt and not some other ailment of the buttocks area.
What is your favourite precaution against MBD, what is the best treatment if you should be so unlucky as to succumb.

Any thoughts?
Oh yeah...I have a good monkey butt story.

A few years ago a buddy was going with me to Moab to do some riding and camping for a 2-week trip. He'd never taken as big an epic trip as this or as big a self-sufficient camping trip. He had a lot of questions about what to bring. I provided him with a comprehensive list that I keep in my computer.

In the personal items section of my list, I had Vaseline listed. This buddy had never raced motorcycles and especially enduros like I did, so he had no clue about the old Vaseline dabbed in the ol' a$$ crack so that you can slide fore and aft on your saddle for the next 100 miles without turning your bum into hamburger. He called me at home that night after I had dropped the list off to him. He beat around the bush a little bit and then finally got to his concern about me having Vaseline on a camping list for a camping trip that he was going to accompany me on. After I picked myself off the floor from laughing so hard, I told him the reason for that butt cream...external not internal. I have never let him forget that in all the years since. We've made many trips together since then, and I always ask him if he's ready to go camping, because I have the Vaseline.

Now days I use that Bag Balm stuff in the green can from Vermont. Not quite as messy, and it doesn't draw as much su****ion from camping partners.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:45 AM
1st Gear Member

See, we did get something good out of this ****ed up thread!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:56 AM
1st Gear Member

And thats your story and you're sticking to it.

Originally Posted by TNC
Oh yeah...I have a good monkey butt story.

A few years ago a buddy was going with me to Moab to do some riding and camping for a 2-week trip. He'd never taken as big an epic trip as this or as big a self-sufficient camping trip. He had a lot of questions about what to bring. I provided him with a comprehensive list that I keep in my computer.

In the personal items section of my list, I had Vaseline listed. This buddy had never raced motorcycles and especially enduros like I did, so he had no clue about the old Vaseline dabbed in the ol' a$$ crack so that you can slide fore and aft on your saddle for the next 100 miles without turning your bum into hamburger. He called me at home that night after I had dropped the list off to him. He beat around the bush a little bit and then finally got to his concern about me having Vaseline on a camping list for a camping trip that he was going to accompany me on. After I picked myself off the floor from laughing so hard, I told him the reason for that butt cream...external not internal. I have never let him forget that in all the years since. We've made many trips together since then, and I always ask him if he's ready to go camping, because I have the Vaseline.

Now days I use that Bag Balm stuff in the green can from Vermont. Not quite as messy, and it doesn't draw as much su****ion from camping partners.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Monkey butt is cured with two combined methods... this:

Hmmmmm is there a subliminal message in that ad? I don't want to know. The second help is to get off the seat and stand on the pegs whenever its safe to do so, you know like on loose gravel or on the highway doing 60+

Old 04-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NEWPARTSRULE
I don't know, Man. You've never heard me complain of 'Monkey Butt'. How's it going over there? Saw you had a high speed chase a few days ago. Make your way over here and we can check out a few Hodakas that are for sale in town. Fun to think about having one again, but not very likely to happen. Later..

There are a lot of things from the past that nearly bring a tear to my eyes. The smell of movie popcorn, the Dukes of Hazard, Rockem Sockem Robots, My old Schwinn 5 speed with the banana seat, my first playboy magazine and even my first car, but topping the list would be my first mortorcycle when I was 14. Hodaka Combat Wombat.........good times. I gotta go, I got something in my eyes, must be alergies.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I hear you on the Hodaka thing!! FREEDOM!!!!