New here - Need updated info after search; Quiet slip-on and plastic

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2023, 09:11 PM
1st Gear Member
Default New here - Need updated info after search; Quiet slip-on and plastic

Currently, what it the most quiet/best flowing slip on exhaust? And where can I get new plastic (full set)?

I wrote out a bunch of intro/background, but I think the system lost it before posting. I ride a '15 KTM 690 Enduro as my primary, but picked up this bike for a song (literally sang 'I'm a little teapot' in the driveway - not really but close) as a beater/trail bike. I did a lot of reading here before asking, but wanted some 'current' info.

I drilled out thie 09 KLX250s exhaust 2 baffles deep down the center, and added two 0.5" holes under the stock outlet. Not sure if I screwed it up as after last baffle drill, it didn't feel very thick and I could put the entire 12" drill in without hitting anything. Trying toi keep budget down on this thing as I didn't pay much for it, but may have gone too far in on the exhaust??? Thanks for the patience and help. I'll install the DJ - 2152 later this evening, air box lid off, twin air filter, new Motoz Rallz, new 14/'44' chain/gears.... and currently plastic is hanging from the swingset out back being painted because I can't find new plastic... and I'm NOT a good painter.

SF

Last edited by RECON250s; 12-28-2023 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-29-2023, 04:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RECON250s
Currently, what it the most quiet/best flowing slip on exhaust? And where can I get new plastic (full set)?

I wrote out a bunch of intro/background, but I think the system lost it before posting. I ride a '15 KTM 690 Enduro as my primary, but picked up this bike for a song (literally sang 'I'm a little teapot' in the driveway - not really but close) as a beater/trail bike. I did a lot of reading here before asking, but wanted some 'current' info.

I drilled out thie 09 KLX250s exhaust 2 baffles deep down the center, and added two 0.5" holes under the stock outlet. Not sure if I screwed it up as after last baffle drill, it didn't feel very thick and I could put the entire 12" drill in without hitting anything. Trying toi keep budget down on this thing as I didn't pay much for it, but may have gone too far in on the exhaust??? Thanks for the patience and help. I'll install the DJ - 2152 later this evening, air box lid off, twin air filter, new Motoz Rallz, new 14/'44' chain/gears.... and currently plastic is hanging from the swingset out back being painted because I can't find new plastic... and I'm NOT a good painter.

SF
The off-road R model stock exhaust has a larger exit and is more free flowing than the stock Dual Sport exhaust and is still as quiet.

Old 12-29-2023, 06:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Thank you sir... perhaps I can find one from someone who upgraded.

Still no leads on new plastic???

Thanks

Old 12-29-2023, 10:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RECON250s
Thank you sir... perhaps I can find one from someone who upgraded.

Still no leads on new plastic???

Thanks
They run about $200 on ebay if you can find one. The mounting points for the R model don't match the mounting points for the Dual Sport or the Supermoto frame, so it requires a couple of small two hole links to make it match up.

You might try revzilla.com for plastics.

Old 12-31-2023, 08:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I modded an r model to fit and I love it! It sounds perfect with the insert in but really changes the characteristics of the motor to more of a higher revs motor. With the insert out it sounds like a modded 450 which sounds amazing in my opinion for a short brief time

Old 12-31-2023, 11:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice... I just installed a new X-ring DID chain, and JT sprocket/s (44 in rear). With the Dynojet, drilled stock muffler, and 2 more teeth in the rear, it's a great balance of slightly more umph on the road, and a few higher RPMs in 1st & 2nd. Alsn has on some new Motoz Rallz that need breaking in. I'll see if I can post picks of the process...

Old 12-31-2023, 11:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Here's the process. I was looking for something a little smaller/more nimble than my 690 Enduro to turn into a hitch carrier/camping/deer trail-type bike, and that's when I came across this bike about an hour from me. ~ 2800mi, and the 'story' was it was a one owner bike that had been sitting a while, and the temp/new owner/seller decided he didn't have time for it. The tires were hard/old, and the plastic faded from the Florida sun... but the price was good (for around here) and it rode out good. When I initially got there to test ride, the seller said he had tried to start it and had to put a new plug in it to get it going (it was in the low 40s). I was a little disappointed because I had asked him to see it cold start... but as I said, I gave a little allowance for it because of the price if I didn't grab it, the next guy would. So anyway, here are some photos of the process: