New Hand Guards

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Default RE: New Hand Guards

Man I came like a hair away from buying the same handgaurds but I went with the Rally Pros instead. Tell me, do those have the aluminum bracing in them, that was the only reason I didn't get them... i could figure out if they did or didn't. I should have my new Renthal bars and handgaurds today![sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 09-07-2006, 09:02 PM
1st Gear Member

I have to chime in here too. I really like the looks of the new handgaurd. They are strong and hold up good in a crash. Trust me on this!!

Name:  RoadTrip12.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  124.1 KB

Old 09-08-2006, 05:24 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jeepphamilee

Man I came like a hair away from buying the same handgaurds but I went with the Rally Pros instead. Tell me, do those have the aluminum bracing in them, that was the only reason I didn't get them... i could figure out if they did or didn't. I should have my new Renthal bars and handgaurds today![sm=drooldude.gif]

No they don't have the bar inside, but are pretty strong anyway. I just added the blue Acerbis hand guards on the wife's bike and they do have the bar, and I have to say I can't even get them to flex even a millimeter, man those things are strong.

Old 09-08-2006, 04:46 PM

Got my new bars and handgaurds install yesterday. Thought I would show em off too. I took a picture of the back of them so you could see the aluminum insert.

Old 09-08-2006, 04:52 PM

jeepphamilee,

Great job. Your setup looks really nice. Great, clear pics.

One question, did you use any adhesive on the grips when you re-installed them. I am going to be doing my grips this evening, and I am looking for tips. I heard some folks use hairspray or other aerosol sprays to tackify the ID of the grip. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 09-08-2006, 11:59 PM

CWGOFF, I used scott's grip stick, but honestly it smelled exactly like model glue, you know the stuff we used to use to put model airplanes together with.... Kinda no-brainer but, make sure you put the correct grip on the correct side the first time, my dumbass didn't think anything of it and tried to put the wrong grip on.... it caused a little mess but I quickly took it off and there wasn't too much of a problem.

Thanks for the compliments on the photos, I do a little photography on the side, or should I say used to here is my site but it hasn't been updated in about two years (too many hobbies to keep up with)