1st Gear Member
Old 10-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Default RE: New Clarke tank!

Ya-hoo!! Unreal. Thanks so much!

Old 10-07-2007, 12:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks like Dan beat me to it.

After running out of gas thinking I had 60 miles of range left, I switched to reserve and made it to a gas station about 10 miles away. That sealed the deal, $165 later I got a tank on order from a local source. Now I should be able to do an easy eye ball check for "gas range" before I ride.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:16 AM
1st Gear Member

I heard someone mention Clarke tanks leaking in another post, so I did a search:

Problem with Clarke tank

New Clarke tank!

Since I just ordered a black Clarke tank, I'm wondering if anyone is still having trouble with their tanks leaking or was this just a bug on the early tanks that has since been worked out?

Thanks!
Dave H.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member

I think they have remedied the problem. Earlier in this thread, you can see where Mooredan gave us a follow-up on the leak problem he was having. He also posted a later follow-up (can't find the thread right now) wherehe saidtank is still not leaking. The problem seemed to only be with the black colored tank and it looks like they've fixed it by heating-up the fittings.

I'm close to pulling the trigger, since I've just upgraded to 300cc. Just need themy bonus to come-in
I'll be getting mine in black as well, so I really appreciate Dan being the Guinea pig

ORIGINAL: HeavyFuel

I heard someone mention Clarke tanks leaking in another post, so I did a search:

Problem with Clarke tank

New Clarke tank!

Since I just ordered a black Clarke tank, I'm wondering if anyone is still having trouble with their tanks leaking or was this just a bug on the early tanks that has since been worked out?

Thanks!
Dave H.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

My new tank just showed up from justgastanks.com. Man, that was quick! But, of course the first thing I checked was the brass fittings on the bottom of the tank. To my chagrin, a hole in the plastic is showing at the fitting. Hmmm.

Should I send it back, try it out and see if it leaks, or try and patch it.

I think I should just send it back, it's not going to keep me from riding, I'm just eager to mount it up.

Here's an overall view for the curious. It's a nice piece other than the little hole. Looks like a Darth Vader helmet

Old 11-17-2007, 07:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow, I think you should probably alert JustGasTanks.com that they have that bad batch of black tanks on their shelves. They seem like a good company, so I'm pretty sure they would send their stock back to Clarke for repairif they knew about the problem.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I just heard back from Ben at justgastanks.com. He's asked me to go ahead and give it a try, if it leaks they'll replace it. If that happens, I'll go with the natural color.

I think I'll get some plugs for the brass fittings and do a bench test before I put the tank on the bike.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:27 PM
1st Gear Member

My (third) tank is still not leaking. It is a black tank.

Here's what I said in the other thread:

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_217..._2/key_/tm.htm

Clarke tank: Third time's a charm -- it's not leaking after several trail rides. It appears as if they heated the brass fittings during the manufacturing process as they are dull and discolored whereas on the first two tanks, they were bright and shiny.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:57 PM
1st Gear Member

That's just how my 1st black tank looked! It didn't leak until About a month later. The natural colored one didn't have that hole around the fitting and has never leaked. Do your self a favor and just return it before putting has in it.

Kevin

Quick Reply: New Clarke tank!