New Clarke tank!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 05:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New Clarke tank!

Well I'll see next week, you would think there all made in the same fashion but as far as I know no one else has leaked yet.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Well got my new tank! I don't tink it will leak it has a nice solid (all the way around the brass fittings) seal the other one did not have. Time will tell,I'll keep you updated.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Good, I'm looking forward to hearing how the tanks hold up. I'm itching to get more mileage but don't want to worry about leaking fittings and what not.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:44 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TypeSH
Could you not silicone around the brass fitting to get it to stop leaking?
Petrol will eat through silicone quicker than Homer eating pork chops

Old 09-20-2007, 01:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Ummm pork chops.......!

Old 09-22-2007, 03:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Clarke sent me a new tank and I'll mount it tomorrow for my ride on Sunday. It's another black one. They didn't wait for me to return the old one before sending me a new one. I sent photos to the sales guy and that was enough. I do need to return the defective tank and Clarke is picking up the tab on that (as they should).

Time will tell....

Old 09-22-2007, 04:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Good luck Dan. With the quality of customer service you are getting, I'mconfident that Clarke will remedy the leak issue soon.

When you finally give us a good report, I'll order mine . I was going to be one of thefirst to order the tank, but I'm glad I held off now. It's much more of a pain in the azz to return products from Japan via the Military Postal System...it can be really slow sometimes. Right now I'm returning some Bellstaff riding pantsthat were one size too big while hoping the new pair arrives before the colder temps set-in.

Got my fingers crossed for ya. I think this one will work.

ORIGINAL: mooredan

Clarke sent me a new tank and I'll mount it tomorrow for my ride on Sunday. It's another black one. They didn't wait for me to return the old one before sending me a new one. I sent photos to the sales guy and that was enough. I do need to return the defective tank and Clarke is picking up the tab on that (as they should).

Time will tell....

Old 09-22-2007, 03:20 PM
1st Gear Member

My new one is so far so good. I do like being able to see the gas level and underneath the tank with the natural one.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Installed the new (black) tank before last weekend'sride and have riden the bike a few times to and from work. So far no leaking.

I did notice that the brass fittings on the new tank were a bit discolored (like they had been heated up) and weren't the shiny brass color as before.

I've asked Clarke a couple of times about how many others have returned the tank and if they had changed their manufacturing process to correct the problem that I am seeing, but they haven't answered these questions.

For now, things are good. But it usually took a week or so for the tank to develop the leak. (and/or a few offroad rides).

If you are considering a Clarke, I would say buy one. If there are problems, they'll replace it with little hassle. It could be that they've worked out the kinks by now too.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:14 PM

Anyone have a copy of the instructions, for install, or any helpful hints for the install. I'd hate to screw this thing up. (Just bought a used/new one with no instructions)

Quick Reply: New Clarke tank!