My KLX is falling apart

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 07:15 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My KLX is falling apart

The Jet they gave you IS for a PWK carb.I just went thru this with the girl at my local dealer.She did order me the specific pilot for the CVK which is the shorter jet in your pic for our carbs.It's a common mistake to get a jet for a PWK as most of the non EPA bikes have that carb.You will also get 2.43$ back when you exchange the PWK pilot for the CVK pilot that you need......no biggie it's a simple and common mistake as Kawi will not lista part# from a dealer as it's non-EPA approved.The fuel lines....that stinks (litterally) and yeah that's somewhat common too.I use Dayco fuel line from a lawn mower and I also added a small fuel filter under the tank also.It will save you headaches down the road.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:29 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gomerpile

Anyone know if I can run the bike on reserve and still use the whole tank? or am I limited to just 20 miles on reserve?The stock main fuel line hastwo kinks in it, and a straight piece of tubing won't work. I have a replacement on order, but I would like to ride the bike in the mean time.
But you will have to plug the "on" tap coming out of the tank.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:29 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Truckman

The Jet they gave you IS for a PWK carb.I just went thru this with the girl at my local dealer.She did order me the specific pilot for the CVK which is the shorter jet in your pic for our carbs.It's a common mistake to get a jet for a PWK as most of the non EPA bikes have that carb.You will also get 2.43$ back when you exchange the PWK pilot for the CVK pilot that you need......no biggie it's a simple and common mistake as Kawi will not lista part# from a dealer as it's non-EPA approved.The fuel lines....that stinks (litterally) and yeah that's somewhat common too.I use Dayco fuel line from a lawn mower and I also added a small fuel filter under the tank also.It will save you headaches down the road.

No wonder! I went to the dealer all pissed off, showed him the difference and gave him the part #92064-1108 posted on some earlier threads. (thanks guys) He told me the part wouldn't work. I just told him to get me the part and get me a replacement hose. The moron almost ordered the wrong hose after handing him the broken one. I got to quit going to the dealer.

Please elaborate as much as possible on the fuel line mod you have done, since I'll be replacing mine shortly. How did you get it to bend without kinking the hose and stopping the fuel flow? What kind of filter did you use?

Old 04-29-2007, 08:35 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KLXer

ORIGINAL: Gomerpile

Anyone know if I can run the bike on reserve and still use the whole tank? or am I limited to just 20 miles on reserve?The stock main fuel line hastwo kinks in it, and a straight piece of tubing won't work. I have a replacement on order, but I would like to ride the bike in the mean time.
But you will have to plug the "on" tap coming out of the tank.
Thanks, when I took a ride today I left the kinked hose attached so I didn't have fuel spraying on to my exhaust while the bike is running. That would be kinda cool to see a fireball motorcycle going 60mph down the road!!!

Old 04-29-2007, 09:10 AM
1st Gear Member

your quite a character,,,LOL....I used extra hose and I looped it to eliminate the kinks.I got a fuel filter from an 18 Hp B&S garden tracter.I fitted it into the S-M-all (sammy davis jr. smokey and the bandit) area under the tank and it works great.