MX TRACK REPORT 3 (PICTURES)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 01:16 AM
Default RE: MX TRACK REPORT 3 (PICTURES)

You can to a certain extent most of you bike position starts from lift off the only reason my rear wheel is down was due to over exceleration on the face off the jump. I did tap my rear brake on that so I landed a little bit better than what you see in the picture.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

so applying rear brake will drop the front? Will applying throttle raise the front?

Old 03-19-2006, 02:04 AM

Yes, if you tap your rear brake while pulling in your clutch(so you dont stall) it will bring the rear tire up. If you get on the throttle in the air the rear wheel will come down. like I said before that only adjusts you so much in the air, the take off controls most of your atitude in the air. Its just something you have to feel and get used too. Hell before I baught this bike I hadn't been on a MX track in ten + years so I'm still re-learning how to feel the bike. As you progress you will just naturally do things that you have to think about in the beginning. I hope this helps, keep on progressing!

Old 03-19-2006, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks bro, looking good in those pics for sure. My boy is just starting out learning and I want to get a dirt bike so I can ride with him.

Old 03-19-2006, 06:05 AM

Are you using the stock tires?
What tires are you going to try next... have you put any thought to it? They don't seem to have as good of traction as I'd expect.

I need to find a MX park around here. I'm itching to learn how to land jumps. I was never very good on my mountian bike. Great in tight trails and OK on downhills, but I usually didn't take off well so the landing were sketchy.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:21 AM
1st Gear Member

sdunne, great pix! wish I had an MX course near my house!

hey, looking at your album I noticed that your blinkers changed. did you run into some problem with the first set you put on (seems like you said you got them at walmart)?

let us know any hints you have, I like your blinker setup and want to do the same thing...

Old 03-19-2006, 04:56 PM

motoguy I am going to go with kenda enduro tires later, but right now I still have the dunlop 603's on there not that bad but they do suck when the track gets re-watered and you have that really slick top surface.

navklx: the blinkers are a pain in my *** Do Not put them where I have them on the rear fender every time I crash hard they break off. So when I get my new signals I will be insalling them higher on the fender so when I bail they won't have contact with the ground. Also I went back to bulb lights cause LED's are a pain in my rectum.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:21 PM

Also find a local track near you here.http://www.motocrosstracks.net/

Old 03-21-2006, 01:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Seith,,, Great pictures... Nice Air time, wish I could have been there then working to pay for my new toy... ohh well.. I will be out there on Wednesday,, and Sunday. I have to work again on Saturday.

By they way.. I can solve your turn signal problem... Do what I did.. hide them under the REAR RACK...... hehe Its gotta be good for something right...

later man..

Old 03-21-2006, 02:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Gravy Train

Hey Seith,,, Great pictures... Nice Air time, wish I could have been there then working to pay for my new toy... ohh well.. I will be out there on Wednesday,, and Sunday. I have to work again on Saturday.

By they way.. I can solve your turn signal problem... Do what I did.. hide them under the REAR RACK...... hehe Its gotta be good for something right...

later man..

Smart ***! I'll put the rack back on and go to the next star trek convention, followed by a trip to the store and bungee cord down groceries to my awesome luggage rack yah!

Anyways I will be out at the track on sunday too because it's suppose to rain Friday wich spells deep mud on saturday.