Moto Pro Suspension

Old 01-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Default Moto Pro Suspension

Are these guys still in business or just on a long vacation . I've e-mailed twice and called 3 times getting no response . Got an 06 250s I want to upgrade both ends. Who would you suggest i contact next . I'm in Mass .

Old 01-10-2017, 07:05 PM
1st Gear Member

They are likely on vacation or otherwise occupied. I've seen before where it's taken a while to get through. A number of members here have been very pleased with their work with occasional complaint like yours. John knows the KLX from what they say. Have patience if you can and keep trying to get through.

That said, I ordered springs and gold valves for my '06 from RaceTech, but by selecting the '06 KLX300 because they didn't have the 250 listed. Springs I installed myself. The gold valves were installed by my local dirt bike shop.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neebob
Are these guys still in business or just on a long vacation . I've e-mailed twice and called 3 times getting no response . Got an 06 250s I want to upgrade both ends. Who would you suggest i contact next . I'm in Mass .
You might want to try Cogent Dynamics
They have experience with the KLX250S and do great work.

http://www.motocd.com/

Old 01-11-2017, 04:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Another option is Bruce's Suspension. Just ordered new springs from him and will possibly do his Terrain Taimer revalve. He's a really nice guy and knowledgeable. Spent a good amount of time on the phone with him and he talked me through everything. Managed to get a larger rear spring for my big butt that Racetech doesn't seem to offer. (Or maybe it's a special order?)

Anyway, just another option for ya. Options are good.

https://sites.google.com/site/brucessuspension/

Old 01-11-2017, 03:25 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by outrecording
Another option is Bruce's Suspension. Just ordered new springs from him and will possibly do his Terrain Taimer revalve. He's a really nice guy and knowledgeable. Spent a good amount of time on the phone with him and he talked me through everything. Managed to get a larger rear spring for my big butt that Racetech doesn't seem to offer. (Or maybe it's a special order?)

Anyway, just another option for ya. Options are good.

https://sites.google.com/site/brucessuspension/
Interesting. I was under the impression that Bruce had gotten very ill and possibly even passed away...just internet talk and no direct knowledge. I'd heard that his site was picked up by someone else. Bruce's knowledge of suspension design and setup on his site is one of the best, concise, understandable descriptions on suspension tuning and result that I've seen. I hope that the internet talk about Bruce retiring or passing is much like the Mark Twain story..."the reports of my death are greatly exaggerated".

Old 01-11-2017, 04:58 PM
Default Moto Pro

Thanks for the feedback . Seeing it's winter here even though it's 55 degrees today I'll be patient for a few weeks and then make some other calls . I liked all the positive feedback on Moto pro and their experience with the KLX but spring will be here before you know it !

Old 01-12-2017, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Interesting. I was under the impression that Bruce had gotten very ill and possibly even passed away...just internet talk and no direct knowledge. I'd heard that his site was picked up by someone else. Bruce's knowledge of suspension design and setup on his site is one of the best, concise, understandable descriptions on suspension tuning and result that I've seen. I hope that the internet talk about Bruce retiring or passing is much like the Mark Twain story..."the reports of my death are greatly exaggerated".
I heard those rumors too. And his site was down for some time. I was originally planning to go with Motopro, but much like the OP's situation, I had sent several emails from different accounts with no reply. To me, that was enough to look elsewhere. I happened upon Bruce's (now working) site and figured I'd see if he's still in business. All is well it seems...unless there's some imposter with a lot of suspension knowledge pretending to be him.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:47 PM
1st Gear Member

factory connection, race tech, or pro action. All three are reputable suspension companies. Whether they "know" the klx is irrelevant. They "know" suspension period. I personally recommend factory connection, i've had them do all my bikes and their work is second to none.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:47 AM
drm
1st Gear Member

+1 for cogent