Another Awesome Vendor - Moto-Pro Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Default Another Awesome Vendor - Moto-Pro Suspension

Well I just got off the phone with John at Moto-Pro Suspension. I've just decided to finally upgrade the suspension in the bike as I do weigh a bit more than the 150 pounds that the bike is built for.

I had read about scat's search and how he found Moto-Pro and that there is a difference in the length of the springs between the S and other model springs. I felt that the proprietor, John, actually cared about making the suspension right instead of just making the sale.

How right I was. I called John today and ordered a set of springs, fore and aft. He asked me for my phone and told me that once he gets the rear spring to go with the fronts that he has in stock, he'll call me and get a credit card number.

He must be either old fashioned or just plain honest. In today's internet marketplace there are just so many folks that will send you something that might not be right, or charge you for what they have to order, that I am always happy fo find someone that believes in doing business the right way.

Thanks John! I appreciate you and what you have done.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Another Awesome Vendor - Moto-Pro Suspension

Great to hear...I agree with you - most places make it tough to want to spend money with them.

Another great vendor, Koubalink (www.koubalink.com). If anyone needs to go the lowering route, they are great to work with. They will call to verify anything first, and will ship parts as soon as an order is recieved/confirmed, not as soon as cash is received. A pleasure to work with, and the parts are quaility too! I lowered my bike just a little, and purchased (yet to install) the "T" handle air/fuel mix screw. I figure with my riding going between 3.5k to 11k elevation, being able to tweak things by hand without any tools will be a serious plus.

Cheers..

Old 11-27-2006, 07:23 PM

+1 on KoubaLink. They deliver top quality products with superior customer service.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:36 PM

Does Koubalink also make "Raising Links" or shorter links for the KLX250S?

Old 11-27-2006, 07:42 PM

Marty, I don't think they have a standard offering, but I bet you dollars to doughnuts that they could work something out for you. After reading through their site, they seem to have a great handle on the effects of various geometry modifications on performance. I definitely recommend giving them a call. BTW, the owner's name is Norm and I think he answers the phone as often as not.

Good luck.

Chris

Old 11-27-2006, 09:02 PM

maby if you put a lowering link on upside down it will raise it lol

Old 11-27-2006, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Yea Kouba Link sent my lowering links out before I even sent them any money I ordered them after getting a ??? awnsered and he sent me an e mail and said there on there way I told him I would send him a money order but had not even got it yet some trust left in the world just not much

Old 11-27-2006, 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Firedude

maby if you put a lowering link on upside down it will raise it lol

Firedude,

That only works in conjunction with a left-handed skyhook.

Do you have a spare one?

Old 11-28-2006, 12:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Marty are you going to respring the front forks yourself or are you paying to have it done. If you're doing it will ya post some pics and instructions, I need to do the same.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Marty are you going to respring the front forks yourself or are you paying to have it done. If you're doing it will ya post some pics and instructions, I need to do the same.

Finger Mullet,

That is exactly what I was intending to do - suspension updates.

I'm putting in fresh fork oil, setting the oil level, installing the springs and then going riding.

I intend to take picture throughout the procedure and post them for others.

A written procedure will accompany the pictures.

Most of us need to do the suspension.

Quick Reply: Another Awesome Vendor - Moto-Pro Suspension