Legal KLX-er

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 03:04 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Legal KLX-er

Sully, what does DMV make ya do for the endorsement in Florida?

Old 06-24-2006, 03:36 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

While we are waiting for sully's answer to that one, I'll let you know what is required in Wa State. There are 4 tests to the whole thing. The first one is you go from a stopped position and ride about 100' then make a left turn in between some cones and come back and stop with your front tire in a painted square on the ground. The second one is to weave in and out of some cones, then make a right turn and come back to the instructor and pull up and stop and make a U turn, although the guy didn't make us do that U turn part. The third test is the quick stop after getting the bike up to 15 mph and then when you get to a colored cone you stop as fast as you can without skidding or crashing....crashing is bad LOL. The last one we have to do here in Washington is from a stopped position get the bike up to 15 mph again and then when you get to a certain colored cone you are to swerve right or left not hitting a painted square on the ground. When I took it there were 5 of us and we all passed riding bikes like the klx and the Suzuki 400 dual sports. the only guy that flunked was a guy on a 250 ninja, he just couldn't turn the handlebars enough to get through the cones, those bikes are made to lean not turn. He hit a cone, the instructor gave him another chance and he hit the same cone twice. Where I live the markings are all on the ground in a big transit parking lot, so I went down a few times and practiced....almost felt like cheating but its not.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:49 AM

ORIGINAL: tasod

Another congrats from me

I have to agree on the MSR course. I too am in the Air Force (well, full-time Guard) and had to take the MSR course. I did it last week at Pearl Harbor with my new KLX250S and got the highest road score.

The MSR course is great and learned some stuff

Actually, it's MSF!

tasod,

Those of us in the real Air Force have never considered the Air National Guard a part of us. Matter of fact, we had a nice little catchy phrase to call you by . . . . F A N G ! [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 06-25-2006, 12:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Sully, what does DMV make ya do for the endorsement in Florida?

Finger Mullet,

If you live down here, you had better get off top dead center. There is a bill before Jeb at this moment, that when signed will eliminate motorcycle testing at the DMV. You will be required to take an MSF course to be able to get your motorcycle endorsement.

That is NOT a bad idea as you will learn a whole lot there! Heck if you come down and take ours - Central Florida Safety Council and ask for the SCC range, we have a KLX250 as one of our training bikes!

Of course, the RiderCoach might just be a hardass! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 06-26-2006, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the MSF correction Marty. I guess it's been too long, I should register for one of your classes.

Finger Mullet, I had a motorcycle endorsement when I moved to Florida and they just transferred it to my FL license. No testing, where do you live?

Old 06-26-2006, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Jupiter area, Palm Beach County. I just got my new KLX last Thursday.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Finger Mullet, Congtats on the bike. I'm about three and a half hours north as well as Marty.