LED spot lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 04:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Default LED spot lights

Has anyone had any experience or know much about these?

http://www.visionxoffroad.com/LED/

Last edited by neilaction; 08-14-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Not those specific LED's but I just bought and mounted some super LED's from Lucky Bike and man do they suck compared to the stock KLX signal lights. The stock lights are about 20 times brighter than the LED's. The website claimed they are "super bright even in the day light". I'm going to try to get my money back or exchange for a filament light with a small footprint.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I have had terrible experience with LED's lights. I work on cars and use flashlights sometimes. I've botten at least 10 differnent types of LED lights to use on cars. Drop once or twice and they would only work if the flashlight was jiggled and wiggled around. When they work they produce a different colored white light then I was used to seeing and it kinda made my eyes feel funny when I was working under car dashboards. I could only imagine how long the LED's would last on an offroad vibration machine like ours. I know that you can buy a HID upgrade kit for the style of light bulb used in the KLX====HID is the way to go BUT expensive bulbs.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by clgdswr
I have had terrible experience with LED's lights. I work on cars and use flashlights sometimes. I've botten at least 10 differnent types of LED lights to use on cars. Drop once or twice and they would only work if the flashlight was jiggled and wiggled around. When they work they produce a different colored white light then I was used to seeing and it kinda made my eyes feel funny when I was working under car dashboards. I could only imagine how long the LED's would last on an offroad vibration machine like ours. I know that you can buy a HID upgrade kit for the style of light bulb used in the KLX====HID is the way to go BUT expensive bulbs.
Although they do not make lights for our bikes they do make lights for guns and many hand held styles. I can attest these are the best lights period. They also have a no questions asked warranty if you break one. Very high quality. I have owned 4 or 5 of them. I once dropped one from about ten foot off the ground right onto the concrete, the light still worked but the lens was toast. I live near their headquarters in Costa Mesa Ca. so I took it to them and they replaced the whole head on it no questions asked.

They have the longest runtimes with the highest intensity lighs out there with a flawless and spot free beam. Highly reccomended!

http://www.surefire.com/

Old 09-22-2009, 11:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Try Underwater Kinetics They make dive & industrial lights. Aint cheep but they are waterproof and robust. I sell them and they stand behind their stuff. I was thinking of trying to adapte their light heads into the signals.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:30 AM
1st Gear Member

i was actually talking about this today. friend of mine when to a rally on the weekend, forget where but one of the australian reps was there doing a demo and he was tell me they were great 8000 looms for 10watts. 9 time the looms to a HID or some thing.

only draw back was that they were really expensive 200-250 a pair.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:56 AM
1st Gear Member