KLXter where are you?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 10:43 AM
1st Gear Member

You sure you didn't get it from Wikileaks

Old 04-12-2019, 03:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678
I am glad to hear what has pulled you away.

Which Indians? I'm a flat track fan, although a bit disappointed AFT allowed Indian to custom build their flat trackers instead of telling them it has to be a production road bike engine to start. It kind of has started another domination like the old XR domination era. [snip]
Have you seen the new Triumph Scrambler? Its freakin sweet. My buddy works at a dealership and rode one home the other day. Crazy expensive but very well designed and the style is perfect.
https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/m...scrambler-1200

Old 04-13-2019, 05:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Well Mark, I guess I won't get into Indian bikes here - BUT, my Scout is currently running right at 100 hp @ rear wheel - if you are ever going to be in the DFW area, let me know and you can "try it out" - it's scary fast ! The FTR 1200 has its' supporters and detractors, mostly supporters.. I am in awe of the resources, time, and money, that Polaris has "invested" in the FTR - everything has been designed and built from scratch ! It needs to be a roaring success and I certainly hope it is - if they will ever actually start delivering them to dealerships!

On a more forum relevant note. I intended to immediately replace my 2012 KLX with a new EFI KLX, and re-ignite performance testing/tuning for the new bikes, but then DynoJet stopped USA sales of its' PCFC #FC17900E (the PCFC for the KLX ). The EJK tuner is simply a "coarse" injector signal modifier - and they've already developed "base settings" for the common performance mods. ( The PCFC uses PCV maps/tables that are fine tuneable.)

Also, the Rally CRF250L caught my eye and threw me into confusion about whether it is a better "fit" for a dual sport bike than the KLX250S... I am still confused about this and working through the arguments (pros and cons) of each bike...

Old 04-13-2019, 06:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Mmmmmm... Scout! That is a great looking engine and some of those superhooligan bikes look good. Indian is doing a great job with product for sure. Post a picture, love to see the Scout.

Fact is it is possible we may get down to Dallas. A couple friends here transferred to new jobs in the JP Morgan Chase offices there, plus our daughter, son-in-law and grand daughter are down in Austin. So it might be we go visit them then run up to Dallas I think my wife said it was about 3 hours, so if we did the run we'd probably spend the night with our friends. Who knows. In a few years I think I can retire making it easier to do some stuff like that. Fit to my wife's work schedule instead of the school schedule.

I'd say have fun, but it already sounds like you are.

best regards.
Mark

Old 04-13-2019, 09:36 PM
1st Gear Member

look at the engine covers on the crf250l, the way they have it laid out looks like a pain just to work on the clutch compared to the klx

Old 04-13-2019, 09:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Here are the Indians:

Old 04-14-2019, 01:36 AM
1st Gear Member

That big engine was the way they HAD to be. Polaris did it right when they designed that too. You didn't mess around when you decided to go Indian.

Any problem with all those cowboys down there shootin' at ya?

Old 04-14-2019, 11:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice tribe....go on the warpath often

Old 04-16-2019, 04:34 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

You pavement/roadbike guys disgust me. Chrome, smooth tires, windshields...what a bunch of sissies.

LOL!...nice set of Indians. I was always a dirt guy, but I had tons of street, touring, sport, etc. bikes from 1970 'til 1990. Just lost the buzz for the pavement. Lately, however, I've been doing my normal hanging out at the shop I used to work at and have been a little interested in a few of the street bikes. I'm pretty much through with the big bikes, but the new Kawasaki Ninja 400 and Yamaha MT-07 have my interest. I'm done with riding across country on big bikes like I used to do. I travel to good riding areas with my medium sized toy hauler and camp out in the boondocks. Having a light, decently powerful, nimble roadbike to hit all the pavement in great scenery areas has got my pavement interest up again.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Careful TNC once that itch starts there's only one way to satisfy it........A HANDFUL OF THROTTLE ON A NEW BIKE! Keep looking.