KLXter where are you?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 02:32 AM
1st Gear Member
Default KLXter where are you?

KLXter, I hope all is well. I just realized I've not seen much from you lately. Hope you're on vacation or goofing around doing something else. Just concerned with your lack of presence recently. .

Old 04-10-2019, 04:25 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

You must have missed the news report, klx678.

"TEXAS MAN KILLED BY BIGFOOT WHILE RIDING HIS DIRTBIKE." A Texas man who has long been searching for the elusive bigfoot finally achieved his goal in a tragic encounter with the beast. Using his dirt bike and off road skills to venture into remote backcountry in hopes of locating the man beast, he apparently did surprise the creature on a trail. Go Pro footage found at the scene revealed the grisly tragedy but will not be released to the public due to its graphic nature. An interesting irony was pointed out that the victim used a picture of bigfoot as his avatar on a popular motorcycle forum. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. Our thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:10 PM
1st Gear Member

You sure it wasn't BIGFOOT riding KLXter's bike. I mean he kinda favors bigfoot.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Geez, you guys are sick eggs!

Old 04-11-2019, 02:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh great pumpkin where are you!

Old 04-11-2019, 05:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Well guys, to tell the truth, the days of me being a "highly visible" member are over.

It's a combination of many things.

1. My personal life has taken several major "turns" in the last few years.
2, I have gotten "into" street bikes - bought 3 new Indians in 2016. I still have my offroad bikes, just added a handful of street bikes. I have "run into" the same situation (lack of performance information/data/proper testing/etc) with the Indians that I ran into here when I bought the KLX. So, as Indianster (and Sasquatch), I have been "raising hell" on the Indian motorcycle forum (pretty much daily !)..
3. I achieved all my goals for this forum (and the KLX250S motorcycle) several years ago with the "perfection" of lidless setups and the power levels they produce. The new bikes are EFI with limited products for properly fueling performance enhancements. EJK has the product and they've done the testing to offer settings for use with performance enhancements - with great results - so there's nothing for me to do with EFI KLX's at this point..

So, I check in here, every now and then, just to make sure I'm not needed (lol)..

P.S. Someone really needs to outfit a new(er) EFI KLX with a Barker exhaust, lidless airbox, and EJK running the proper "program" - dyno test for power curves and AFR. Then add the MCM to the engine and Dyno test again.. Then we should know the power levels for the two "ultimate power" mod combos for the new bikes..

Old 04-11-2019, 05:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Well, I've got an opportunity coming up this spring to properly check the MCM power advantages claim. A guy I know just installed a dyno in his shop and is just starting to accept 'customers'. But he is a very cool guy and will let me run my bike back to-back with stock cam timing and MCM timing. So, check back later this year because I intend to shed some light on the matter with empirical data.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Well, I've already provided the forum with dyno charts comparing (lidless setup + slipon) vs (lidless setup + slipon + MCM) vs (lidless setup + full FMF exhaust + MCM)..

While that covers the bases for lidless setups, the change in the power curve shape would apply to all mod combo's..

Nonetheless, your "before and after MCM" will certainly add to the knowledge base on the MCM..

Old 04-11-2019, 09:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster
Well guys, to tell the truth, the days of me being a "highly visible" member are over.

It's a combination of many things.

1. My personal life has taken several major "turns" in the last few years.
2, I have gotten "into" street bikes - bought 3 new Indians in 2016. I still have my offroad bikes, just added a handful of street bikes. I have "run into" the same situation (lack of performance information/data/proper testing/etc) with the Indians that I ran into here when I bought the KLX. So, as Indianster (and Sasquatch), I have been "raising hell" on the Indian motorcycle forum (pretty much daily !)..
3. I achieved all my goals for this forum (and the KLX250S motorcycle) several years ago with the "perfection" of lidless setups and the power levels they produce. The new bikes are EFI with limited products for properly fueling performance enhancements. EJK has the product and they've done the testing to offer settings for use with performance enhancements - with great results - so there's nothing for me to do with EFI KLX's at this point..

So, I check in here, every now and then, just to make sure I'm not needed (lol)..

P.S. Someone really needs to outfit a new(er) EFI KLX with a Barker exhaust, lidless airbox, and EJK running the proper "program" - dyno test for power curves and AFR. Then add the MCM to the engine and Dyno test again.. Then we should know the power levels for the two "ultimate power" mod combos for the new bikes..

I am glad to hear what has pulled you away.

Which Indians? I'm a flat track fan, although a bit disappointed AFT allowed Indian to custom build their flat trackers instead of telling them it has to be a production road bike engine to start. It kind of has started another domination like the old XR domination era. The XR domination hurt the Grand National Flat Track series, but I think the multi brand competition in the singles and likely to happen in the Production Twins classes may keep the action going.

I like the new FTR1200, but they missed the mark for me in the design. It is too much naked Ducati Monster like and not so much street tracker I like. If I was to do a cruiser I'd have one of the Scouts then set it up more standard than cruiser. Like the look of the engine and also the bike in general.

Have fun, and it is with relief to hear from you.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:44 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

So he wasn't killed by bigfoot? I should have known it was fake news. I read it in the Washington Post.

Quick Reply: KLXter where are you?