KLX300 - "Unmuzzled" Power Charts Needed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 04:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks, post #185, the video :
was the one I hadn't seen that includes all of his mods.

Old 04-19-2024, 07:21 PM
1st Gear Member

I gotta tell yall guys ( gals ) .. This "dude" confounds me - I can't tell if he is a genius with poor communication skills, or a "front man" for the genius's behind the scenes at Pinit Racing..

I finally decided that it doesn't matter as there is no intelligence behind the foolish KLX induction and exhaust mods he recommends ( cutting gills and drilling holes ) ..

IMO, Pinit Racing is a case study of misguided genius - Very proficient with ECM hacking and programming, but with a belief / mantra that precludes creating top performance results on ANY engine via fully enhancing induction and exhaust tracts with off-the-shelf aftermarket parts.

Perhaps there is a very good reason they will not "uncork" an engine and reprogram for the new VE, but I can't think of any..

Last edited by Klxster; 04-19-2024 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member

So Iam not the only one ^^^

Old 04-20-2024, 11:42 PM

I just installed my remapped ECU from BDSB. I honestly can't give a meaningful review with my limited time on the bike. I bought the 2021 KLX300 a month ago, it took over three weeks to get the title so I found myself over researching this topic in the meantime. The one thing that just didn't sit well with me installing a EJK is the limited choice of maps. Not one included the removal of the secondary throttle plate, I could not find any legitimate setting for this mod without a going and getting my own dyno tune. I wasn't about to start changing settings without some type of reference. Plus hated the 8" Delkevic my bike came with. I thought why not give the BDSB ECU a try with the modded exhaust, KDX snorkle and secondary plate removed. I have to say I actually really like the sound of the stock exhaust with the 4 cuts, so that's a bonus. And the bike really does run strong through the entire rpm range now. I am wondering why this guys videos come off so sketchy, like he is hiding something. Why post one video on Pinit and another on BDSB. It makes absolutely no sense. Now I'm wondering what the truth is. All I know is on BDSB website they clearly say remove the secondary throttle plate. Ironically the KLX page seems to be not working.

Old 04-26-2024, 01:12 AM

I just got back from a ride. So far I love the ECU re-flash. Starts right up, idles around 2,200rpm at start up and eventually down around 1,600 rpm. What I notice most is the bike pulls instantly as you release the clutch, absolutely NO bogging or hesitation, then pulls evenly through the entire rpm range, there is no flat spot felt anywhere. This low rpm throttle response is the first thing I noticed as soon as I released the clutch, definitely going to help with off road riding. I have hit the rev limiter a few times by accident, this could be the 14/47 gearing is catching my timing off. I have been riding sport bikes for well over 20 years and the shorter gearing and lower rpm range takes some getting use to. The truth is I shouldn't have changed my gearing at the same time as the re-flash because it skewed my results. With the BDSB re-flash I am wondering if I should drop the rear to about 44 teeth. I hit 80mph again fairly easy but I don't think I could get much more, I will have to test top speed next. Hope to hit some trails soon.

But, deep down I don't know if I can live with this big clunky, heavy *** stock exhaust with that tiny pee hole coming out the back. Which already has my mind wandering, if I get a aftermarket exhaust what would my next option be? Another fuel management system and a custom map made? Seems like a expensive route, and wouldn't that over ride most of the re-flash? If I add a aftermarket exhaust without any adjustments I run the risk of the engine running lean. Is it worth it? Does it ever end? lol I think it's best to leave it alone because it is running so well.

Old 04-26-2024, 02:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Any further enhancing of your induction and exhaust, or just exhaust , will require a fueler and a dyno shop tune.

In here, no one has to guess about the takeaways from his videos as I see it all - especially what's going on "between the lines".
For instance, he clearly shows that their ECM program goes extremely lean when you take off your "gill-cut-ified" stock silencer and bolt on a performance silencer.

Old 04-26-2024, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Klxster
Any further enhancing of your induction and exhaust, or just exhaust , will require a fueler and a dyno shop tune.

In here, no one has to guess about the takeaways from his videos as I see it all - especially what's going on "between the lines".
For instance, he clearly shows that their ECM program goes extremely lean when you take off your "gill-cut-ified" stock silencer and bolt on a performance silencer.
Thank you, I agree. It will be interesting to see the results if anyone goes that route. I'm sure there's a few out there that already have everything, it would just be a matter of getting the re-flash and tune. The cost definetly adds up, but I'm sure someone will do it. Hope they share the results.