klx stock header metal ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 01:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by horror_fan
sure buddy ... just leave a few more annoying pri^ck comments and ill have the videos posted up right away ...
c*ck sucker honestly speaking ... I just want to point out the fact you've been repeating yourself for like 100 posts now and its getting old...
who gives AF if I'm new to carb functionality ...why are you so eager to show how much more "knowledgeable" you are.. who gives af, fkn pr!ck

my bike might run like sh^t after ...or it might turn out fine...I might under stand half of the readings or none ....
leave it up to "klxter" the pr!ck to fkn point out all the outcomes...
am Im not allowed you run a A/F mixture meter just to observe how the carb/engine operates?

honestly....ban me already I got all I need ... actually no let me stay I love swimming around in this know it all pr$ck cess pool klx 250s forum section .. its fknc great!
Why do you insist on being such an ***? The very people who can best help you are the same ones you want to fight with. Probably would be best if you did leave as you know everything already and don't need any help here.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Well, lets face it - I deserved some of that...maybe most of it.. maybe, even, all of it...

Now, I'd like to go back to thinking that I've whoop'd the frailties/faults I detest in others.. Hey , you have your delusions - I have mine !

Last edited by Klxster; 01-09-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:15 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Alright you two, play nice!

Old 01-09-2018, 03:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by horror_fan

honestly....ban me already I got all I need ... actually no let me stay I love swimming around in this know it all pr$ck cess pool klx 250s forum section .. its fknc great!
I half way get where you're coming from, because I've been one who's posted a couple comments about how you are taking what has been provided. I also think a bit of KLXter's comment may stem from what he dealt with using an AF gauge and the work involved. Where I took the "lazy way" using information from someone else's work with the Kiehin/Kawasaki parts, KLXter has dealt with the Dyno Jet stuff and I don't know that he's gotten a lot of input from the Dyno Jet company. If you do the AF gauge set up and use Dyno Jet he's the authority here - and possibly over all.

Key point - don't ask a question if you don't want answers. If you do get answers don't dismiss them as if the person posting it doesn't have a clue. Try to read, absorb, think, and see what help is there. Don't keep asking the same question over and over, expecting a different answer. Most have pointed out the processes and most have been used by a majority of us here.

Odds are the rest of us will play nice. I know I will... most of the time.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:35 AM
1st Gear Member

It's kinda nice to have previous folks experiences to draw off of. In my case I found 'dirt surfers' modifications posts to be helpful. Without asking directly I was able to catch bits n pieces n tips to help build up my knowledge along with a service manual. We all were young once and impatient, so it's understandable one might get confused or need more details about how things might need to be assembled. Every once in a while you read about someone having a catastrophic failure, we all have experienced something similar and collectively we try to help.
Guys like Brewster klx678 and quite a few more can be a big help. Possibly saving you some $$$ so you can enjoy more riding time. The 'search' feature can help you find more info too.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:17 PM
1st Gear Member

and in screwing around with the AF stuff definitely converse with KLXter. He's been there and done that.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:05 PM
1st Gear Member

RedKLX/Horror_fan, this is all you need.

1. ORDER THIS SCREWDRIVER
Amazon Amazon

2. ORDER THIS KIT
Amazon Amazon

3. INSTALL KIT USING INCLUDED INSTRUCTIONS, FOLLOW PICTURES. USE STAGE ONE INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED IN KIT, NOT STAGE 2.

MOTORCYCLE WILL RUN REAL GOOD, WARM UP FAST, NO POPPING.

You're Welcome!
Fred

Old 01-13-2018, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member

No hard feelings.. Im not going to read the comments were here to talk about bikes. I prob do sound stupid but tbh its hard to communicate through the internet. anyways who cares....

update to everyone. or for the guy who wanted to see the 02 sensor working.

I've installed a Dyno jet kit and a pilot screw and adjusted the mixture screw
-main jet: dj116
-pilot 38
-dyno jet needle on the middle groove
-mixture screw 3 turns out
-stock airbox and exhaust system
- have a new air filter that I will install

been driving around for a day runs good no popping feel the power.

I just got the bung hole installed I ran the 02 sensor for a bit it was giving me readings ...only ran it on idle
think the bung hole is a bout a 1.5 ft away from the head exhaust port
there was a bit of water in the header from the weld so ill wait till tomorrow.

Im also not sure about my 12v power source for the meter.
I have it jammed into one of the slots of the rear harness that has the fan, ignition and spares in the back of the bike...
im not sure if I should be sharing the power like this or if I should just splice one of the wires. once I figure that out tonight I'll make the video.

Im going to make a video tomorrow and post it just for idle , until I figure out how to record it during

Last edited by horror_fan; 01-13-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by reinigef
RedKLX/Horror_fan, this is all you need.

1. ORDER THIS SCREWDRIVER
https://www.amazon.com/Vessel-Megado...is+screwdriver

2. ORDER THIS KIT
https://www.amazon.com/Dynojet-Resea...nojet+2152+kit

3. INSTALL KIT USING INCLUDED INSTRUCTIONS, FOLLOW PICTURES. USE STAGE ONE INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED IN KIT, NOT STAGE 2.

MOTORCYCLE WILL RUN REAL GOOD, WARM UP FAST, NO POPPING.

You're Welcome!
Fred

yeah I've already installed everything. thanks I bought that same jet kit

Old 01-15-2018, 09:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Heres the video, it gave reasonable readings with choke open and when reving about 3-4k.
I started the bike cold after a day of not riding.

Two weird things:

1) I recorded it with my iPhone and in the video the numbers were blinking / flickering ..but in real life they were not! they were steady.

2) I reved it up to about 6k and it the thing just crapped out,
... but I think this is simply cause I didn't make a good strong connection for the 12v wire
... it was just installed quickly for temporary use for the video. no soldering or crimp just jammed it into a harness slot with a switched 12v wire for the ignition.

I'll try to use a different camera so you can see the readings clearly and ill try to figure out why It crapped out and post an update video.

sorry I just had to re upload it like 3 times from bad editing.

Last edited by horror_fan; 01-15-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Quick Reply: klx stock header metal ?