Just got my clarke tank

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 06:41 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Just got my clarke tank

ORIGINAL: Bake

I expect my new tank in early next week. I ordered it in black. On my bike, with the mods I've made, I don't think that little gap is going to be a concern! And in the Colorado Rockies, where I'll be riding this month, all extra fuel will be handy..I'm going to take my 1 qt. fuel bottle in the tailbag, also, because it's realeasy to be 50 miles from getting anyfuel. Spend a morning riding..then have to head out just to refuel..nah.

What type of windscreen setup is that? It looks really nice. Does it block wind very well as its pretty small?

Old 06-17-2007, 01:04 PM
1st Gear Member

It was a homemade plexiglass windshield. There is some info about it on the forum. I am sure Bake can tell you more about it.

Old 06-17-2007, 04:42 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bake

I expect my new tank in early next week. I ordered it in black. On my bike, with the mods I've made, I don't think that little gap is going to be a concern! And in the Colorado Rockies, where I'll be riding this month, all extra fuel will be handy..I'm going to take my 1 qt. fuel bottle in the tailbag, also, because it's realeasy to be 50 miles from getting anyfuel. Spend a morning riding..then have to head out just to refuel..nah.

Hi Bake,
Where in the Rockies are you headed? I am in Pagosa Springs, CO(SW corner) and would love to show you or any other riders around our local trails and forest roads. Well, off to the golf course. Happy Fathers Day everyone!

Old 06-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: plameau

Disclaimer: This is a picture to simulate the delivery of the Clarke tank. Yes, I know there are butterflies in the box.

Now that's funny man. Hey how about this one, they were competing to see who could deliver the tank faster.[8D]

Old 06-19-2007, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm sure people were hoping for a bit more capacity. However if 3 gallons are enough then you should be happy. I've used two Clarke tanks before and nothing but good things with them.

It looks about the same dimensions as my KLX 300 tank I put on.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:41 AM
1st Gear Member

FTB,
It's designed to roll on those wheels, not slide on its side

ORIGINAL: Team FTB

I'm sure people were hoping for a bit more capacity. However if 3 gallons are enough then you should be happy. I've used two Clarke tanks before and nothing but good things with them.

It looks about the same dimensions as my KLX 300 tank I put on.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Clark Mfng saved my butt when the tank on my old 1982 Suzuki SP500 dual sport thumper finally rusted through after about 22 years of ownership.Though a great bike, I think I'm the only guy that ever bought one new.They actually had a plastic tank that would work, and in red even! Later I sold that old bike, that person sold it again, and I still see it going down the road once in a while.
I've really only heard good things about Clark.I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new tank from them.Wish I had a KLX though......................

Jon

Old 06-19-2007, 04:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Update on capacity... there are just under6 ounces that hid in the front left corner. I didnt notice it before but I sat on my bike today making vroom, vroom,brapp, brapp noises and noiticed water running out of the test line I installed. Sooo I ran another test and it was just under6 oz I missed.It runs to the back by the petcock when your sitting on the bike.Im not in the mood to do the math but I think that puts me well over the 2.7 mark.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I just got my tank today it is one of the factory 2nds and I really can't see why they call it that the seam is barely noticeableI will put iy on tonight or tomorrow and let you no how it goes ... The quality looks very good

Old 06-20-2007, 12:07 AM
1st Gear Member

UGH, where's my natural one...I ordered it last week !!! Can't wait. Did half a DS run on Sunday, used 1.1 gallons in 39 absolutely grueling miles. I wouldn't have made the whole thing without hitting a gas station. With the Clarke I wouldn't have even hit reserve. I think 40% more gas is significant and enough for any day my body can take !

Quick Reply: Just got my clarke tank