Which Jet Kit? Honestly, I did a search first...

Old 07-03-2013, 01:09 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rooster
That's what I was thinking, too. But with the 2 cable setup, that shouldn't be an issue, should it? Whichever way you move the throttle, one cable will retract toward your grip, which should extend the other. I'm not saying I'd go run a hare scramble with the mount broken, but I'm not worried about not being able to get home.

On a side note, does Mikuni pay you for each individual plug you put out for the TM36, or are you on salary?
No, it was just one free TM36...cheapskates!

I wish it was a free carb...LOL! On the cable mount, I could see the mount coming loose while you had a handful of throttle and getting cocked in such a way that pulling the return cable will no longer have the desired effect. Still as I mentioned before, it's more likely that the throttle cables would no longer have the mechanical ability to pull the throttle open or closed.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:44 AM
1st Gear Member

I got the bike out for a quick bit of trail and dirt road riding tonight. There's no issue with the JBW. It seems to be holding up perfectly.... so far.

The problem is that it's backfiring like crazy off throttle. Too lean, right? I went with a 124 main and 3rd notch on the needle.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rooster
When he was putting the bracket back on for the throttle cables, the side somehow broke out of the part in the pic that we put the JB Weld on. It broke clean off. He didn't take the bracket off before he took the carb off the bike, so I'm not sure if it got hit and cracked when trying to wiggle it out through the frame, or if something happened when he was tightening the screw back in. Either way, I have JB weld holding my throttle cables on.
I'll have to be a little more careful when I am removing/reinstalling that screw and bracket I guess..

Old 07-05-2013, 01:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Richard Avatar
I'll have to be a little more careful when I am removing/reinstalling that screw and bracket I guess..
That's ok. I wasn't going to ask you for help again, anyway.