I pulled a Deej

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Default I pulled a Deej

It was Deej, right? Anyways, I got my bike stuck.[&:]

Luckily, it wasn't nearly as bad, I was going pretty slow trying to find my way out of this wash, which was silted up and still very wet. When I had finally picked my line out, I wasn't going anywhere but down. I really wished for a tire with some more aggressive tread to get me some pull... the stock D603's are pretty bald and not diggin all that hard.

After I drug myself out of the hole, I chose a new line out. This line led over some rocks, sage brush, and unfortunatly a cedar log/stump that was laying on its side. No big deal right? Well, my arms were just noodley enough after dragging myself out, that I wheelied off the stump at a poor angle and wrecked coming off the other side.

Not a real hard wreck, I dove over the handle bars and came up feeling okay. I stood the bike up and noticed my left mirror was leaning to the left. My ribs took the mirror out as I made my diving roll, and broke the aluminum pieces off the handlebars. [:@]

So now I need to handguards (Looking at the ones with the blinkers built in) and a new mirror piece. And a new rear tire. Then maybe I can mod it a little... maybe. I wish winter would come so I could park this thing and stop breaking it...

Old 08-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I pulled a Deej

Well in order for me to have been the one who got my bike stuck I would first have to have taken it through mud in the first place, so you see it couldn't have been me LOL Now if you start getting flack about keeping your bike exceptionally clean, then that's me.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I think you might be referring to Incabiker:

His photo is on the front page rotation over ad advrider.

BTW, anyone hear from Incabiker recently? He hasen't logged in here in a long time and it's been about a month over advrider.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

BTW, anyone hear from Incabiker recently? He hasen't logged in here in a long time and it's been about a month over advrider.

Wow [] Absolutly Incredible. Think that motor is Still Any Good after that.
I would say you havent heard from him because
a = He dont want to get no razing.
b = he is still trying to clean the mud Out of it.
c = None of the above.

I'm kinda like Deej. While I dont wash and wax it every week like I did with my dr250 ( Now its the Harley) I do keep my little Klx pretty clean. I wipe it down after I get in from a rain storm if that tells you anything. No, my bike will Never see that....

LV

Old 08-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

Now that is stuck!

Old 08-29-2006, 02:19 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

He had a great story to go along with it, too. Incabiker - come on back buddy and tell it again! Where are you?

Old 08-29-2006, 03:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Hmm, no login. Anybody check for bubbles in the mud? Maybe its not just the bike that got stuck.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Is incabiker in the milatary ? If he is maybe on patrol.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:47 AM

What was he thinkin! I would think twice about even putting my Arctic Cat through that. Havent got my KLX stuck but I did drop it. Was going up a big hill with ruts about 4ft deep and rocks the size of watermelons. I got a rock stuck between my back wheel and frame and down I went! No major injuries to myself or the bike. Its a good thing we didnt take the camera that day or the wife would still be giving me crap over that (and she would have proof).

Old 08-29-2006, 04:13 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Too bad he's not here to tell it in his own words - he had a way with words. It was not on purpose - I think it was sort've getting dark and he went off to the side of the road to _avoid_ a little mud puddle and WHAM, ended up seat deep in that stuff. He thought it was solid. He said it was stuck real good - no way to move it but he wasn't leaving his bike out there overnight so he was all ready to make camp and spend the night next to his bike, and them some dude and his wife came along on a quad and they jumped in there with him and were able to work it loose.