i need help guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 05:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: i need help guys

Your jetting sounds close enough that it should'nt produce the way your engine runs. Thumper had good advice. I would add to that to check the float level and needle and seat. When I had my carb out I noticed how easy it would be to bend the float tab.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:36 AM

ok guys, first of all i gotta thank all of u for all the tips and suggestions, u really surprised me with your willingness to help out an idiot. now here is the rundown...... i inspected the carb, took off the top and took the spring off and the brass collar came out kind of like it might have been just "in there" not really correctly, i reassembled as i did before, and everything looked and operated the same as before on the carb so i wasnt too optimistic. this is after 4 removals of the carb this morning with results all the same. this time i installed the carb fired her up and again smokey exhaust......but it went away after about 5 seconds and then idled great, i then rolled on the throttle slowly and surprisingly it didnt sputter it was smooth, then i snapped open the throttle quickly and it revved instanly and sounded great. i threw on the seat, no snorkel, added the shrouds and attempted a test ride. at this point im using the 128 main and 40 pilot with screw 2 turns out. HOLY CRAP! before i knew it i was in 6th gear looking for 7th gear. this thing really gets on it now. its pulling in 6th gear like never before, i never did 80mph on it but i hit 80 today no prob. i felt a hp gain when i put on the two brothers but this gain was even more impressive, i think my bike is perfect now. before the re-jet the pipe would have heavy decel pop and now there is little to none, just every once in a while. no more dying at stoplights and mid to high end power is a night and day difference. although we could all use more low end......i mean it is only a 250 what can we expect? i think it will even start without the choke but i havent let it cool down enough to get cold yet because if been riding it ever since i threw the carb back in, oh and in my delerium i underestimated how much fuel i lost throughout the whole process and ran out of gas lol! thank god for reserve. ok guys, just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who posted their suggestions.take care everyone, heres a pic of my baby.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1706/F3D518F8FC6943FDB76C99E62C9C11A8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-31-2007, 02:38 AM

and the $20.00 acerbis kx250 front fender, cheap appearance upgrade.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1706/CEA62FA3907D4F4B818CA817EA552BBC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-31-2007, 01:00 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CALISAKI

ok guys, first of all i gotta thank all of u for all the tips and suggestions, u really surprised me with your willingness to help out an idiot. now here is the rundown...... i inspected the carb, took off the top and took the spring off and the brass collar came out kind of like it might have been just "in there" not really correctly, i reassembled as i did before, and everything looked and operated the same as before on the carb so i wasnt too optimistic. this is after 4 removals of the carb this morning with results all the same. this time i installed the carb fired her up and again smokey exhaust......but it went away after about 5 seconds and then idled great, i then rolled on the throttle slowly and surprisingly it didnt sputter it was smooth, then i snapped open the throttle quickly and it revved instanly and sounded great. i threw on the seat, no snorkel, added the shrouds and attempted a test ride. at this point im using the 128 main and 40 pilot with screw 2 turns out. HOLY CRAP! before i knew it i was in 6th gear looking for 7th gear. this thing really gets on it now. its pulling in 6th gear like never before, i never did 80mph on it but i hit 80 today no prob. i felt a hp gain when i put on the two brothers but this gain was even more impressive, i think my bike is perfect now. before the re-jet the pipe would have heavy decel pop and now there is little to none, just every once in a while. no more dying at stoplights and mid to high end power is a night and day difference. although we could all use more low end......i mean it is only a 250 what can we expect? i think it will even start without the choke but i havent let it cool down enough to get cold yet because if been riding it ever since i threw the carb back in, oh and in my delerium i underestimated how much fuel i lost throughout the whole process and ran out of gas lol! thank god for reserve. ok guys, just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who posted their suggestions.take care everyone, heres a pic of my baby.
Cool! Now you can keep racking up those crazy miles!

Now that your bike is running 99% perfect, it's time for fine tweaking.
I see you put back the 40 pilot. Where did you put the FS? I had it at 2 turns out but went 2 1/2 out. I nowget a very faint smell of gas at stoplights meaning it's probably running slightly rich but seems to run stronger off the line and it's much easier to start when I stall it or drop it offroad. I'll see how it goes.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:07 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Glad you got it fixed.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:53 PM
1st Gear Member

I have a pop on decel. Always have since the bike was new and was stock. I have changed the main but havent been able to find a 35 or 38 pilot. any help?