i need help guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Default i need help guys

ok here goes. i put on the two brothers exhaust about a month ago, did not rejet at the time. bike ran great but occaisionally would die at stoplights, i was assuming it was too lean. so i ordered the jets like everyone else, 128 main 40 pilot air screw 2.5 turns out did all that. after putting it all back together started it and it was way too rich, wont idle without dying and smoke coming from exhaust pipe and very erratic when running, not being able to idle.....not good.tried with snorkel, without snorkel, without lid.....and still the same. the one thing i didnt do was the drilling out of the airbox but really i dontthink that would help solve my issue completley. so basically bike ran fairly good before the surgery and now bike doesnt run at all. after 5 or 6 hours of work that was not the result i was looking for. i was able to turn the air screw in gradually until it was all the way closed and still no change in the ultra rich condition. any and all suggesstions would be greatly appreciated. i am so frustrated right now i cant even explain it. oh yeah and the clip is on the 2nd slot. HELP!!!

Old 05-29-2007, 11:45 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: i need help guys

It's only a guess, but if it seems to run at higher rpm's but won't idle, or you have to keep revving the throttle to keep it running, ..... check your pilot jet for a blockage. If some debris gets in it, it will act that way. Hope this helps.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Ok, i guess im kinda in the same boat, the mechanic said my bike is running really rich.... 125 main, 40 pilot, second slot, 2.5 turns out.... the usual.... so what should i start with....

Old 05-29-2007, 02:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Your elevation can make a difference too. Also how is your air filter?

Old 05-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

But it is running now?

Old 05-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

air filter is fine... uni.......
no its not running now.... still in pieces at the dealer....

Old 05-29-2007, 03:07 PM
1st Gear Member

CALISAKI, this is a quote from the KoubaLink.com, who sells the T-handle fuels screws:

"You can also determine if the pilot jet is of the proper size. If the low idle point never comes when turning the fuel/air adjuster out, then a larger pilot may be required, and if low idle never comes after turning it in, then a smaller pilot jet may be required."

You mighttry this.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:17 PM
1st Gear Member

you said it was stalling at lights. what about decel popping? popping means a lean condition. if you were not getting decel popping prior to jetting you probably were not far off on the jetting. your elevation is almost sea level which i believe this pipe was designed to run on stock bike at sea level conditions. if it was stalling at lights maybe turn up your idle or use the 40 pilot but with a smaller, closer to stock main. the pilot affects the first 1/4 of throttle.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:45 PM

my bike runs, but barely and when it does its rough and smokey. before i screwed things up she ran pretty good throughout the power range but i was getting alot of decel popping so i figured i was too lean. now im way way too rich. i wish i didnt have to take the carb out again. when i first got done with it and fired it up it ran fine until i shut it off, idled well, no smoke good throttle response. i then put on the shrouds to take her for a test ride and thats when she didnt want to run right, very wierd i know.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Cali did you do the smog stuff? Since discovering the mistake I made on my wife's bike, I was wondering what you guys are doing. I keep hearing about tubes and plugging this and that, is anyone plugging the hose that goes to the air box? If so where does the air from the engine go now? Wouldn't that make the bike smoke? I left all the smog stuff alone, full muzzy, 132 and 40 jets and running stock filter with the air box lid off, and the bike is absolutely flawless, it has so much power, even with my weight I would challenge anyone to beat me in the 1/4 mile. Sorry Ninja riders only KLX 250 riders need apply.[8D]

Quick Reply: i need help guys