I.M.S. Tank. CLEAR? BLACK?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 04:52 AM
1st Gear Member
Default I.M.S. Tank. CLEAR? BLACK?

About to order an I.M.S. tank. Black would really look trick, but clear would be super cool for gas level. Pro's and Con's to this tank???????? Obviously there are threads on this, but not 4 years after the fact from the original mold. Super easy install???? Any hitches?????

Old 01-22-2013, 04:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Any riders on here that wish they would've went with the black vs. the clear, or vice versa????

Old 01-22-2013, 01:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I went with green for some reason. Wish i did black. Stuck with having a green bike for now.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Only you can decide.

I choose not to look so cool over the possibility of running out of gas.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Default IMS tank

Originally Posted by CravingPantera
About to order an I.M.S. tank. Black would really look trick, but clear would be super cool for gas level. Pro's and Con's to this tank???????? Obviously there are threads on this, but not 4 years after the fact from the original mold. Super easy install???? Any hitches?????
cjbiker has one for sale
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...s-parts-39555/

Old 01-22-2013, 10:16 PM
1st Gear Member

black looks best and color last the longest, but clear is the most practical....but, clear will fade yellowish/brown and look ugly later on....other colors fade slightly in the sun...

Old 01-22-2013, 10:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahnh666
black looks best and color last the longest, but clear is the most practical....but, clear will fade yellowish/brown and look ugly later on....other colors fade slightly in the sun...

Did you ever get the locking gas cap for it?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bcliff
Thanks for the plug! I say go for the clear (even if I wasn't selling one). When I buy an IMS tank for my new bike, it will be clear as well

Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

the locking caps are not vented or one-way vented...this could cause the tank to swell in heat and also cause possible leaks for ims tanks...this wouldn't be covered by my insurance...but, if somebody tamper with my gas or something, it would be covered by insurance, so i just left the stock screw cap....i'll know if somebody tampered with my gas and put the cap back on because you have to screw it back on a certain way to have the tube straight...

Originally Posted by Brieninsac
Did you ever get the locking gas cap for it?

Old 01-22-2013, 11:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahnh666
the locking caps are not vented or one-way vented...this could cause the tank to swell in heat and also cause possible leaks for ims tanks...this wouldn't be covered by my insurance...but, if somebody tamper with my gas or something, it would be covered by insurance, so i just left the stock screw cap....i'll know if somebody tampered with my gas and put the cap back on because you have to screw it back on a certain way to have the tube straight...
That makes sense, I didn't think about the expansion with the plastic tanks. I've been interested in putting on an IMS at some point but I don't like not having a locking cap. So that could be a deal killer for me.

Quick Reply: I.M.S. Tank. CLEAR? BLACK?