I got run off the road today

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

(Can also use wasp/hornet spray. The spray stream shoots farther and will burn like....)

Old 05-25-2012, 01:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Get a CCW licence and carry...she was useing her car as a deadly weapon,now not to shoot her but to show her to back off...

Old 05-25-2012, 02:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by azdeuce
Get a CCW licence and carry...she was useing her car as a deadly weapon,now not to shoot her but to show her to back off...
Now if you show your gun, she might call 911 and you'll be in trouble. Cops would be all over you with guns drawn.
Might be better off if you call 911 yourself . At least you called first and they operator might hear what that lady was shouting or hear her car honking.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Pulling out a gun in any situation that you do not think your life is at risk in that instant is asking for real trouble. Either you get shot or you get a free ride downtown.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
(Can also use wasp/hornet spray. The spray stream shoots farther and will burn like....)

I like this idea. Eliminate two wasps with one spray and it smells like hell.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:55 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by old man
Cop was a lazy tool who is full of crap. Seems to be the norm anymore.
+1 to audio or video record immediately ANY confrontation, just make sure you let the other person know, in some states that is required.
I always carry while riding, but also carry pepper spray. Get the bitch on audio threatining you, then give her a face of pepper. Lot less hassle than having to shoot her or her killing you.
Yeah, I'm a little concerned as to why the cop didn't file a report and let it run its course through the system. Heck, most of the things cops deal with boil down to he-said-she-said-they-said type of situations. Let a judge and/or jury decide the value of the evidence and testimony.

And +1 on the concept of using cell phones and other such technology to validate what happened. Heck, cops misbehaving in their duties are often caught by the use of these devices, and they work just as well on the bad guys...or women.

On the use or display of a gun, yes, this is a tricky area...but...when someone is in a 4000 pound-or-so weapon, and you're on a puny motorcycle, the justification can escalate to the legal use or display of a gun. I would recommend, however, that you find a tree or other obstacle to use for cover, since the crazy person behind the wheel may still try to run you over when you show the weapon. And yes...call the police or local law ASAP if you display a weapon. Get your story out without delay.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the support and advice. As far as the highway patrolman being lazy that wasn't the case at all. He said because it was an assault he'd have to call out the sheriff or send me into Placerville about 30 minutes away to file a complaint. In all honesty I was more concerned about my bike and getting it running which is why I decided to head back home.

I can still file a complaint which I'm considering. But I'm trying to be the better man and not fixate on it.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Hmmmmm, the "gun issue." I guess I don't have a CCW because my personal belief is that you never pull a gun unless you're also committed to pulling the trigger and killing someone. Kicking someone's **** is different than shooting to kill. I'll "rumble" with just about anyone, especially some crazed female trying to run me over. When you pull-the-gun, shoot-to-kill, your destiny is out of your control after that moment. When I get angry (I mean ANGRY) the very LAST thing I want is a gun in my hand. (....and the last thing YOU want is a gun in my hand.)
My two cents.

Last edited by jeffzx9; 05-25-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:41 PM
1st Gear Member

I have a Concealed Weapons Permit. Even so It is not legal for me to Brandish (Display for the purpose intimidation) a weapon. If you ever pull a gun on someone that means you intend to shoot to kill PERIOD. If I ever do it must be in a situation that I cannot possibly flee from.

On a side note. Even a Pocket knife in your “Pocket” is considered a Concealed weapon and you must have a permit to do so. It is a law that is overlooked but is there.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

(......I DO have a pocketknife. Always have, always will. I'm an Eagle Scout, and proud of it. Lock me up; I ain't giving up my knife.)

Quick Reply: I got run off the road today