I got run off the road today

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member
Angry I got run off the road today

As some of you know I've been going up to the foothills hunting for meteorites for the last month. For the last couple of weeks I've been going up on my bike. I found it a more versatile and efficient way to cover a lot of ground.

Because I'm looking for meteorites I'm usually only going 5-10 mph. Any time I see a car come by they wave and I go about my business. Well today I get up there and stopped for a few minutes to change my gear and get ready for hunting when this woman comes up the road and stops in front of me. She then starts asking me my name, what am I doing here and telling me it's a private road, which it isn't. I played along for a minute or two trying to put her at ease so I could go about my way without any problems. Unfortunately it became apparent she wasn't going to let it go. So I put my helmet on and proceed on.

A few minutes later this woman came flying down the road behind me and drove right up next to me forcing me to the edge. I told her again it's a public road and to call the sheriff if she didn't want me there. Every time I tried to get by she blocked me with her car. So I said **** it and rode around her car back up the road I came in on.

But the stupid bitch still wouldn't leave me alone. She followed me and honked the entire way. So I'm at the cross-roads of another road I proceed to go down and now she's chasing me down this road too. The road was mainly downhill and really bumpy. I was trying to go fast to stay away from her but she kept coming. Finally I said I'm turing around the next spot I see and when I did I lost control and bike fell over. Fortunately I was fine and able to keep my footing. But man was a pissed. If she was a dude I would have yanked her *** out of the car and beat the crap out of her.

I got my bike up and headed back up the hill and of course she chased me the entire way honking. I couldn't believe it. She must have followed me for 5 miles into town when I pulled off and called the police. Of course now she took off.

CHP arrived and I explained the whole thing. I admitted I thought it was a public road and saw no signs stated otherwise. He said it is a public road and she had no right to chase me and cause me to crash. He was super cool and said if I press charges it'll be a he-said she-said thing since there were no witnesses. And because the likelihood of ever getting a conviction was low it wouldn't be worth reporting it to the DMV and getting a point on my record. We talked for about 20 minutes and he said if it was him and she approached him like that he would of just ignored her and went past her. So it was good to hear I didn't do anything wrong but I was pissed at the outcome.

My bike is OK on the most part. The steering was off by a few degrees and I couldn't shift into 5th or 6th gear until I bend the shifter back out. I couldn't get the steering straight though so I took it to the dealer on the way home. They got it all straight and said the handlebars are tweaked too but they seem ok to me. My clutch is bent and I can't straighten it out. The rear plastics is scratched up and the grips torn up. So I have a few parts to order tonight.

Other then my ego I didn't get hurt, thank god. I'm pissed at having to pay for the service today and buying these new parts but what can I do. I gave the officer her license plate number and a description of the car. I don't know if he's going to try and make contact with her or not. I'm grateful he gave me good advice and I'll just have to live with the assumption that Karma will get her back for this one day.

Last edited by Brieninsac; 05-24-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:07 AM
1st Gear Member

damn that sucks. glad your ok. its bad enough that people driving cars don't pay attention in them, even worse when they use them as weapons. Maybe karma will pay her a visit in the form of a meteorite through her hood and you can find it and sell it to fund your bike. A friend of mine used to carry porcelain from a spark plug in his pocket and when people cut him off or used cars as weapons it was time for them to get a new windshield or window.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUgsi9gQBeA

Last edited by Illking; 05-25-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Would of been nice to have a GoPro camera on.

Stashu

Old 05-25-2012, 12:51 AM
1st Gear Member

I would get my cell phone and record everything. Even if it's just audio because it's hard when riding. Then I'll sue her assss out for assault with deadly weapon her car or maybe endangering my life.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:03 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Dang, dude, there are some real crazies out there. They don't think like regular people, best to steer clear of them as best you can. But sometimes you can't, like in your situation. Sounds like you are lucky to come away with just a few minor dings on the bike and she didn't run over your and leave you dead in the ditch. With no witnesses, she likely would never have been caught. Glad you're OK.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member

You probably were too close to her grow site. Was she chasing you in a prius with a coexist bumper sticker on it? Glad you are ok.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:49 AM
1st Gear Member

I would have either lost my cool and went all nuts and grabbed her by her chicken neck or kept my temper an called 911 on the spot.

Glad you are ok.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:06 AM
1st Gear Member

crazy things like this is why i record my rides at all times...glad the damage is minimal...careful out there...crazy peoples...

Old 05-25-2012, 02:09 AM
1st Gear Member

How could you not get away from an old lady on your dual sport?! hahaaa
She would have had a windshield full of roost and never see me again if that were me.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahnh666
crazy things like this is why i record my rides at all times...glad the damage is minimal...careful out there...crazy peoples...
Great idea.

Quick Reply: I got run off the road today