Have you seen?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:06 AM
Default Have you seen?

The new Yamaha WR250R thats street legal or the new XT 250 Yamaha! OH MY!

Old 10-26-2007, 12:15 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Have you seen?

ORIGINAL: RIKLX250S

The new Yamaha WR250R thats street legal or the new XT 250 Yamaha! OH MY!
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 10-26-2007, 12:38 AM

yes, we've seen it- what, about two months ago?

Old 10-26-2007, 06:03 AM
1st Gear Member

"meh" if you ask me.

According to the Yamaha-europe website, it puts out the same HP as the KLX when measured at the crank.

Dunno about anything else though. Aluminium frame seems nice, but wtf, it weighs MORE than the KLX. Tank is smaller too, and there's less suspension travel and ground clearance (although the suspension may be superior to the KLX's, so that might make up for it).

Fi looks to be promising though.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:57 AM

to me, it's another overpriced Yamaha dirtbike. at least Kawi only raised the price of the new KLX $100 and added some nice upgrades while keeping it more 'normal' looking. The WR is a bit gaudy imo with it's weird muffler design. no thanks for me.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:55 AM

I think that it has some features I would like on my KLX. I hope mama Kawi opens her eyes and take notes. The price I don't think is that much higher what would it cost to up grade suspension plus.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr...1/0/image.aspx

Old 10-26-2007, 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: RIKLX250S

I think that it has some features I would like on my KLX. I hope mama Kawi opens her eyes and take notes. The price I don't think is that much higher what would it cost to up grade suspension plus.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr...1/0/image.aspx
I'm curious as to what the "WR" has that you would like to see Kawi put on the new KLX? I personally see nothing to warrant a $1000 price gap that it doesn't already have. The susp. on the KLX is just as good as the WR's in the real world. No one but a professional could tell the difference. As far as FI goes, no thx. I think you will see the new RMZ go back to carburetion and I do not think FI will be mainstay in the dirtbike world. Think about it, if it's so good whyhaven't theybeen doing it before 2008? That's my take; always controversial.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:21 PM

Well from what I am hearing the power band is wider and stronger from the factory. I would need to give it a seat of the pants dynotest, If that IS the case that alone would warrant the xtra$ cause by the time you put on a pipe, jet carbs, air box altering,and sprockets you are pretty close. As for fi from what the yamaha service guys at my kawi dealership say that there is more that can be done with it as they do on street bikes with playing with the programing which I am sure some aftermarkets will come up with. Suspenision fully adjustable in front I would love. I am no pro but the front suspension is weak on my klx.Digital display nice, Wave rotors nice. And I don't think its all that bad looking either. IMO Iam still not going to part with my green machine. Has anyone put the yami to the test in the woods with there Klx?

Old 10-26-2007, 08:29 PM

I don't think they're out yet. And the new KLX has digital display, wave rotors. Your KLX has compression adjustment for front suspension as well, it's on the bottom of the fork under a rubber dust cap. Maybe you're wanting preload adjustability. I just think it's good to see more DS bikes enter the market. It will be an interesting next year.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I went to the yami dealer on weds. and they say we won't see the new wr until feb here in the northeast[&o]

Quick Reply: Have you seen?