Old 07-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Default RE: First real road trip

Condoms? hehe

WD

Old 07-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Sounds like a fun trip, Deej. I don't know what you should take, but bring back pics. Oh yeah, take a camera.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Agree with everying mentioned so far. Here are a few more items I usually carry when touring.

1. Small L.E.D sytle head lamp (forehead lamp, minor's style). It comes in really handy if you arepitching a tent in the dark. Hands free bro! It makes a big difference.

2. Ground tarp for under the tent with maybe some extra width to cover your gear at night (depending upon tent size).

3. Ball cap and sun block.

4. Rope and duct tape.

5. Some type of damp cloth for wiping bugs from facesheild and headlight.

I tried the the normal foam sleeping pad thingy, but it wasn't enough for me. I finally went with theTherm-a-Rest self inflating thin air and foammatress -hiking sized- from REI.http://www.rei.com/product/708472 They have other brands that are lower priced...I just jumped on the first one not knowing any better.[8D] Oh, and they take quite awhile to 'self inflate' so I usually do that manually. They don't take a whole lot of air anyway.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:28 AM
1st Gear Member

i'll agree with tremor here. those mats are almost as bad as being on the ground. the wife and i have been camping off the harley for a few years now and use a HUGE inflatable mattress.you might consider getting one of those mattresses that the kids use in the water. you'll have blow it up by mouth but it may be worth the effort. are you reserving your campsites or are you just winging it? when friends and i went up to quebec a couple years ago we ran into a small issue with availability one night. had to call around to a few places before we found something. the later in the day you wait to start looking the harder it might get.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey deej welcome to Beautiful British columbia, Vancouver island is a great place i think you will feel right at home.
Just athought this is what i carry it saves room and work's well..........Have a great trip.
http://www.genuineinnovations.com/bi...px?prodid=1046

Old 07-03-2008, 11:16 AM
1st Gear Member

I remembered your headlight mod when I saw a D-tracker this weekend with a KLX450R headlight fixture...this one had a twist though...the guy installed an high/low H4 based HID bulb in it...bright as all get out and it consumes 20w less than the stock halogen unit.

I'm debating whether or not to do the samefor my next mod. With the additional headroom,I should be able to run a heated vest andmy heated grips simlutaneously without have tocycle one or the other off and on...or nervously monitor a voltmeter. [8D]ThinkIllkeep the old socket hooked-up and taped to the loom, just in case the HID bulb failssomewhereaway from home.

I will say one thing though...that headlight modlooked good in your post, but looks even better in person.

ORIGINAL: redbrd

Hey deej welcome to Beautiful British columbia, Vancouver island is a great place i think you will feel right at home.
Just athought this is what i carry it saves room and work's well..........Have a great trip.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:05 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

I remembered your headlight mod when I saw a D-tracker this weekend with a KLX450R headlight fixture...this one had a twist though...the guy installed an high/low H4 based HID bulb in it...bright as all get out and it consumes 20w less than the stock halogen unit.

I'm debating whether or not to do the samefor my next mod. With the additional headroom,I should be able to run a heated vest andmy heated grips simlutaneously without have tocycle one or the other off and on...or nervously monitor a voltmeter. [8D]ThinkIllkeep the old socket hooked-up and taped to the loom, just in case the HID bulb failssomewhereaway from home.

I will say one thing though...that headlight modlooked good in your post, but looks even better in person.

ORIGINAL: redbrd

Thank's Dean.....Wow good looks and practical

Old 07-04-2008, 07:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I think you should consider filling one jerry can with rum and the other with coke.

Our liquor prices will give you severe sticker shock, especially with our currencies trading around par. That being said I'm looking forward to Rockaway Oregon in a week. No tax, 30 packs of beer for $13.00 oh yeah!

Anyway Deej have a good time. Enjoy the best of our culture Nude dancers and Tim-Bits.
[align=left] [/align]