Factory FMF Exhaust...Its here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 07:10 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Factory FMF Exhaust...Its here!

ORIGINAL: fireroad

stellar_d - did you every get yours, and is it worth the dinero? Kooks like you can buy a universal heat shield from FMF that will fit it?
Nope never got it. I kept calling and they kept saying "sometime this week" for a few weeks. At that time Muzzy had shipped out my pipe that I orderd (took 2 months) and I told FMF to go pound sand.

the muzzy rocks, my bro got the BG slightly sooner than i did and it rocks too. I'm sure the FMF is also great. I'd say whichever you like the looks/sound best, and most importantly, how soon you can get it. Although it seems FMF carries a hefty price tag.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Holy crap, thats a big pipe for a 250, it looks like the pipe on my ktm 640, definately no issues with exhaust flow.

I really like the header with the small expansion I wonder if that header would fit my muzzy.

Isn't it cool we can actually have a civil exhaust discussion now.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Amen to that.........................!

What I did to get it to fit the Big gun muffler was to cut the back of the big gun header and splice it into the fmf header. I think thats what you would have to do with the muzzy to.

Kevin

Old 10-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Ah, there it is. That header looks great!

Old 10-07-2007, 09:36 PM
1st Gear Member

What does that little expansion on the header do?

Old 10-07-2007, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member

FMF describes it as a pre-muffler of sorts. It works to quiet the exhaust some and it also shifts the power slightly. Typically with a large bore header its all top end power, this supposedly broadens the power curve if I remember their wording correctly.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kgwld1
What I did to get it to fit the Big gun muffler was to cut the back of the big gun header and splice it into the fmf header. I think thats what you would have to do with the muzzy to.
Kevin
Pics Please.

bryantjt is right on with the pre-muffler description.....my adv has the same thing, maybe that's why I like it. ktm does know performance.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:23 PM
1st Gear Member

My local Kawasaki Dealer gave me a nice discount on the FMF system making my cost $475.92 The box came in the other day and I got the FMF Power-Bomb and Q4 installed last night. The fit and finish were excellent and it went together without a single hitch in under 10 minutes.

The FMF Header/Silencer sound very nice and not too loud, it makes a real aggressive growl as you roll off the throttle at speed.

Picked up a little power down low which I wasn't expecting.

The engine now rev's eagerly to 10.5K RPM's and has much better throttle response especially at high speeds.
I should have done this months ago.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 10-10-2007, 08:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Sweet! I called FMF today and they say they have them in stock, we'll see how long it takes. So with no heat shield how does that feel on the leg? FMF sells a heat shield to fit for $35 (what a rip...but if it works...) If your adding on to you S/O did you have to bump up a jet?

Quick Reply: Factory FMF Exhaust...Its here!