Factory FMF Exhaust...Its here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 01:44 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Factory FMF Exhaust...Its here!

OK Folks the long awaited factory FMF exhaust is here!
I picked the bike up today from FMF and not only does it look awesome, but to my amazment FMF also built the P-Bomb stainless steel header for the bike. The exhaust can is the Q4 with a spark arrestor and the fit is UNREAL, the problem with the rear footpegis not an issiue, the foot peg operates flawlessely and clears the pipe without any rubbing. What suprised me is the connection between the exhaust can and the header does not have any type of clamping device (slip fit only) and it dont leak! As far as the sound of the system goes I belive its pretty damm quiet, it is in no way one of those noisy hot rod motorcross pipes, and without another system to compare it to I belive it is somewhere in the mid 90s db range. I have only rode the bike up the street and back a couple of times since I got it home but the peformance seems to have improved significantly, keep in mind this is a bone stock KLX250s with no performance mods or jetting.
I had a lot of questions to ask FMF but got so excited when Iseen the bike that I brain farted and forgot most of them. FMF did dyno the bike, what the numbers areI dont know, they did not jet the bike (runs great) so I dont have those numbers. Pricing $, did not get that either, but I did get the part numbers!

Q4 can-- 042156
s/sP-Bomb Header-- 042155

Name:  IMG_0147.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  162.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0148.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  172.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0150.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  130.6 KB

Old 07-13-2007, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Factory FMF Exhaust...Its here!

Looks great![sm=smiley20.gif]Are they going to make a slip-on or just the full exhaust? Can youpost a small video of the new pipeI would love to hear it. Thanks

Old 07-13-2007, 01:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks good! Just looked up the prices,$199 header, $359 for the muffler. Kinda pricey.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Great looking pipe! Is it just me or is kgwld1's avatar creeping everyone else out too?

Old 07-13-2007, 02:13 AM
1st Gear Member

How long did it take you to get the FMF?

Old 07-13-2007, 02:23 AM
1st Gear Member

This is the prototype/first article ect...They had my bike for a couple of weeks so they could engineer/design the exhaust system. As far as the system being pricey I have always belived that you get what you pay for. This system was run on the dyno also so I belive the was some engineering involved not just "see what will fit on the back of this stock header" and throw it in the catalouge.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Us poor folk will just have to be content with those catalog imitation slip-ons. So what is the big deal about keeping the passenger pegs on anyhow? The bike doesn't really seem to be engineered for a passenger.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:55 AM
1st Gear Member

SWEET! Looks a little close to therear fenderbut havig FMF on the 250S on the band wagon is a definite plus! Did they just give you the pipe?

Old 07-13-2007, 04:34 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

Us poor folk will just have to be content with those catalog imitation slip-ons. So what is the big deal about keeping the passenger pegs on anyhow? The bike doesn't really seem to be engineered for a passenger.
Yea right, tell that to my 10 year old son.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:42 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Yea right, tell that to my 10 year old son.
and all the hot chicks

Quick Reply: Factory FMF Exhaust...Its here!