Extended clutch cable

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 08:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 525polaris10
Jeez guys, stop bein cheap and support the industry. Call up motion pro and get him some business! He will make whatever cable you need.
My industry is to supply information on where to find facory parts for cheap. Please send me $10 for my effort.
LOL

Old 10-22-2012, 01:33 PM
1st Gear Member

I forgot we are dealing with kawi owners. Not ktm guys. Sorry!

Old 10-22-2012, 03:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Fawking trolls

Old 10-22-2012, 08:47 PM

Will the part# above for the 300's clutch cable work on an '09 KLX? I've got the same "bit too short" clutch cable problem. I'd rather get a stock part that fits if I can.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gymx
Will the part# above for the 300's clutch cable work on an '09 KLX? I've got the same "bit too short" clutch cable problem. I'd rather get a stock part that fits if I can.
Yes, that is what i have and that is the cable i used, only because when i went to the KTM dealer they didn't have a cheap enough one to put on my Kawi...

Old 10-22-2012, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah see KTM guys don't know how to think. KTM guys need to go to aftermarket and pay through the nose the same way they paid for the orange bike.
By the way,,, last weekend i towed a brand new Husky out of the woods with my old skool DR650. Wish i had a picture to put up on the DR site.
I think his fuel injection was broke but he couldnt tell because he didnt bring a scanner on the enduro in his tool pouch.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Gary a little confused y someone so senior and wise would go to a ktm dealer to get a kawi cable!?! Do you hear yourself? Last I checked I don't see anyone riding kawis on dualsport runs except myself. Guess I'm the only guy that didn't get the memo. Ktm is about the only thing you see in real offroad events. Atleast around here. May cost more but your getting a real bike already done and ready to ride. I noticed ur klx must have been fast enough out of the box so you left it stock like the rest if us........haha. Im sure it keeps up with all those ktms too. Since you don't go aftermarket like the ktm guys can you send me a link for all the stock parts you used for that 351? Lol.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cegusman
Fawking trolls
Lol. Unfortunately I own a klx too! Fawking flounders!

Old 10-23-2012, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by GaryC
Yes, that is what i have and that is the cable i used, only because when i went to the KTM dealer they didn't have a cheap enough one to put on my Kawi...
Thanks Gary. The KTM part would have clashed with your Kawi anyway, being orange and all.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Gary a little confused y someone so senior and wise would go to a ktm dealer to get a kawi cable!?! Do you hear yourself? Last I checked I don't see anyone riding kawis on dualsport runs except myself. Guess I'm the only guy that didn't get the memo. Ktm is about the only thing you see in real offroad events. Atleast around here. May cost more but your getting a real bike already done and ready to ride. I noticed ur klx must have been fast enough out of the box so you left it stock like the rest if us........haha. Im sure it keeps up with all those ktms too. Since you don't go aftermarket like the ktm guys can you send me a link for all the stock parts you used for that 351? Lol.
Ha Ha,, do i bother with this????
therer are at least 4 guys i ride with on Dual Sports that are NOT Orange.
The 351 just makes the bike the way it should have been from the factory, try one you will like it.

Quick Reply: Extended clutch cable