Ever Deal With A Certified Ditz??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 03:34 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Ever Deal With A Certified Ditz??

Monkey Butt Enterprises.[:@]I dealt with the dummies at Monkey Butt today!
If your experience would be similar to mine... then don't bother calling them![:'(]

[ol][*]I'm out here in the midst of some of the best & endless trail riding in the USA. [*]Between the Imperial Dunes and Glamis. (That's in the South Western California and Yuma, Arizona.)[*]I'm with 3 -XT225 riders, 2 - KLX250s'ers, & 1 - KTM rider.[*]Got the motorhome, bike, plenty of firewood, & beer.[/ol]
Did my KLX forum research and found the old thread dealing with the 13T counter sprocket. Did numerous searches for Cyber Stores seeking someone that had the part. To no avail!
Moose Racing P/N 1212-0073 shows the 2007 KLX250s as an included bike for the 13T C/S. Problem? They will not sell direct, but only through the Parts Unlimited Dealerships.[>:]

Another search for Parts Unlimited in Arizona and came up with "MonkeyButt Enterprises". Called them and was told that they didn't have any 13T C/S for the '07 KLX250s. I explained that I had just gotten off of the Moose site and discovered that they had just updated their site to include the "07 KLX250s. Explaining that the '06 and '07 use the same part. The guy said that he had the part, $16.95. I asked if they could ship it via USPO, General Delivery to Winterhaven, CA?

"Oh gosh, NO! We have to ship only to the residence address." he said;I said,my residence address is in Grants Pass, Oregon. We never have anything sent there... 'cause we rent it to others and welive in our 40' motorhome fulltime for the past 15 years. We use a mail-forwarding address in Cincinnati, Ohio for any snail mail and small packages. Currently I'm in South Western California, about 12 miles from Yuma, AZ. I had hoped that you could send the 13T C/S to me here so I could mount it and continue to enjoy my riding opportunities with my friends while I'm here.

I offered my credit card number,& phone number,asking that he show me a bit of courtesy and bend his "for my benefit rules" this one time, so that I could conclude this monumental purchase of $16.95. Nope! Can't do it!! Lots of risk in doing business under these circumstances.

..... And I had previously made a "favorites" of their website as I had planned to also order the W.E.R. Stabilizer from them ($395.00)....... GUESS NOT NOW!!

Called Forest at Wheeling Cycle Supply in West Virginia... Forest said, no problem, Rod, I'll send it to you at the Winterhaven, CAPost Office, General Delivery. call me any time, glad to have your business! ...And I'll also send you an e-mail when it gets underway. Should have it by Wednesday!

Guess who I'll buy my W.E.R Stabilizer from??

Monkey Butt customer service policies stink!! (IMO)[:'(]

Old 12-18-2007, 04:01 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Ever Deal With A Certified Ditz??

Rod,

Bummer on Monkey Butt. I've ordered a few things from them and have gotten a good price and service.

Come on now, the guy you spoke to must have been some kind of idiot, if you're going to rip someone off, you're not going to do it for a $16 sprocket. You're right in taking your business elsewhere. Unfortunately customer service has mostly been lost in our country. But that may be a byproduct of us demanding that things be cheap. This is especially noticable in the airlines. Oh oh... soap box mode off.

What's a "Imp Kick Stand"?

Old 12-18-2007, 04:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Improved kick stand. I found the stand a bit on the short side for my typical mount via the pegs, So, I built a 1" riser out of wood and it suits me fine.. now..

Yeah! 'Bout the Monkey Butt fools. I even talked with the "sales manager" also. Same results. Matter of fact he hung up on me! That's why I jumped up on my soap box to the forum. I'd like to hurt him in a more demonstrative way... but, as my son says, "dad, do you really want to get a stripped suntan?

American business owners could sure use some high school graduates.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:03 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 002197rp

From my research a Scotts Damper is the one to buy......only restricts push off center....the WER restricts in both directions right?

Old 12-18-2007, 08:09 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

ORIGINAL: 002197rp

From my research a Scotts Damper is the one to buy......only restricts push off center....the WER restricts in both directions right?
Not so. The 'off road'W.E.R restricts exactly as the Scotts does...and only forlike 25 degrees of deflection...at which point the dampening slowly fades to nothing.There is no restriction returning to center. A lot ofpeople like the Scotts betterbecause it hasmore adjustments. To each his or her own.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:17 PM

Hi 002197rp,

There is always two sides to a story…

I am the manager at Monkeybutt Ent. Rob in sales politely explained that we only ship to Verified billing or work addresses. You would not take no for an answer. We do this purely for financial reasons since credit fraud is so high these days. These are part of our business policies and if we “bend” them for one person then we must bend them for everyone. Why even have policies then?

You were hung up on because you started cursing; nobody needs to deal with that crap and I will not. I just noticed you did not mention the part about you getting belligerent in your side the story.
BTW, all the guys in sales are college grads. You seem to be the one doing all the name-calling and flying off the handle. Maybe you need to step back and look at you own situation before belittling others on a public forum?

Old 12-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mooredan
I've ordered a few things from them and have gotten a good price and service.
Same here. That's where I got my hand guards - best price I could find and they were very nice on the phone.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF Jeff!!
ORIGINAL: Jeff

Hi 002197rp,

There is always two sides to a story…

I am the manager at Monkeybutt Ent. Rob in sales politely explained that we only ship to Verified billing or work addresses. You would not take no for an answer. We do this purely for financial reasons since credit fraud is so high these days. These are part of our business policies and if we “bend” them for one person then we must bend them for everyone. Why even have policies then?

You were hung up on because you started cursing; nobody needs to deal with that crap and I will not. I just noticed you did not mention the part about you getting belligerent in your side the story.
BTW, all the guys in sales are college grads. You seem to be the one doing all the name-calling and flying off the handle. Maybe you need to step back and look at you own situation before belittling others on a public forum?

Old 12-18-2007, 05:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Whatever happened to using good judgment?

Aside from your written in stone policy, do you really think that this guy was trying to pull a fast one over this $16 sprocket? "Bending" the rules sometimes may help in obtaining a new customer and keep him coming back, as well as retaining existing ones.

The result of whatever happened is that your company got bad press. Rod got his sprocket from one of your competitors. No matter what explanations you try to give, there will be a "Monkey Butt = Bad Experience" memory in some people's mind.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

fight fight![sm=violent053.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]

Quick Reply: Ever Deal With A Certified Ditz??