Dirt bagz and new fender!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 06:14 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Dirt bagz and new fender!!!!

I've no clue about a route for that area, I'm quite a ways North of there and the only time I'm further South is when I'm leaving the state so can't help ya man.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

I wasn't going to share this outa fear of being ridiculed, but this thread was so coincidental, that I felt I had to.... I wanted soemthing to carry camping gear (on the bike) to the woods for what has become a yearly tradition with a couple of friends..usually i take the truck, but this year we plan on taking the bikes...I felt the dirt bags gear and some others were too pricy so i decided to see what I could come up with...WARNING..it's not pretty, but I think it'll do the trick for these types of trips, but I wouldn't want to leave it on for a ride through town. It's 3/4-inch aluminum so it's really lite too.....
Name:  IMG_0976.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  56.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0975.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  119.8 KB

I still have a few more changes to make and then rig-up a mounting bracket to the rear rack and rear peg mounts..I will post some pics of the finished product when I complete it. Aluminum was only 20 bucks and 10 bucks for bolts...

Old 03-02-2008, 04:16 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mudjunkie
I still have a few more changes to make and then rig-up a mounting bracket to the rear rack and rear peg mounts..I will post some pics of the finished product when I complete it.
Please do so! Looks like the bottom will have to be steadied in some way but I imagine thats what the foot peg brackets will do?

Old 03-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey we won't ridicule you here, we might snicker or something but never ridicule.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey, I think they look cool in a tough sort of way! I got yer back D-Beav....until which time you do something off the chain funny

ORIGINAL: deej

Hey we won't ridicule you here, we might snicker or something but never ridicule.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:19 PM
1st Gear Member

If the **** fit's.....wear it....I just don't have the time to build it or else i would have done just that...make my own.
Tremor i posted the pics of the mounts so that others could see them...That is why i waited a while to pull the trigger on them.I called them and the guy said they will fit perfect guaranteed....well ,he was right.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Your bike looks great man! Just curious... do you replace the oil filter cover every time you replace the filter?

Old 03-02-2008, 10:20 PM
1st Gear Member

This was my first attempt at making a rack for a dirt-bike, andlike I said I have a few changes to make and then I will sort out how to secure the thing to the bike. I will be bolting it to the rack for sure and the front lays on the seat and it will also be secured to the footpeg location somehow. It will likely only get used once or twice a year asI prefer to use the bike for playing, but I also hope to use it to get to a few of my favorite fishing holes. I will be sure to post completed pics when it is finished. I wish I had the dollar bills to buy an off-the-shelf unit, but sinceI don't have the money butI do have the time, I decided to see what I could come up with, that's all. The side "boxes" are a certain size to accomodate a couple of soft-sided, plastic lined cooler bags from Walmart and the top is the same width as the handlebars and will hopefully support a large duffle-bag containing my clothes, sleeping bag and small tent. That's the goal.