WTB: Dirt-bagz set

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 09:12 PM
1st Gear Member
Default WTB: Dirt-bagz set

I was going to fab up some side rails and panniers for an upcoming Mexico trip, but then I thought I would check first and see if anyone has a set of dirt bagz that they aren't using and would like to convert to some holiday cash?

Old 12-15-2009, 01:48 PM
1st Gear Member

just make sure you get the right ones for your model year. the 09 version is different. trust me...I got the other ones by a mis-click of the mouse. So now i have rails for my 09 and for the previous years.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Can you please send me a picture of the DirtBagz mounting for the 09 KLX?
I bought and installed a Nomadic rear rack, and need to know if hte DirtBagz will fit with the rack.
Something tells me thay use the same mounts, but a picture will confirm.
Thanks,
Gary

Old 04-17-2010, 01:58 PM
1st Gear Member

The wife was scanning the web the other day and found this website:

http://www.happy-trail.com/Products/..._HTP4-3-1.aspx

They not only have the racks, but also have panniers to fit our bikes, and a few other products. Here is a second website with some adventure gear for our bikes:

http://www.turbocity.com/default.php?cPath=69_98

Old 04-28-2010, 09:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry for the delay, I don't get to spend much time at home due to work. I uploaded 7 images to the gallery showing the mounting points of the DirtBags. Fairly simple and I do like them. See if this works:

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...hp?albumid=489

Old 04-29-2010, 02:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks like a nice set-up. I think that chain could use some lube too. LOL.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:42 AM
1st Gear Member

You should have seen it before I washed it - Deej would have died instantly! I only get home for 2 weeks every 4 months so my KLX tends to get a bit neglected in between. Soon it will get abused properly everyday.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 PM

Hi all,

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I'm eyeing up this pannier set-up and just have a few questions.

1. How is it fairing after 2 years of being installed?
2. Has anyone dropped the bike onto a loaded bag? Did the frames/bags/bike survive?
3. Did anyone come to any conclusions on max load weight?
4. Any other comments on the set up?
5. Is the US 2009 model the same set-up as the UK model with regards to this (you guys have carb still I think, but the rest of the bike is the same right?!).

Bit of background, I'm planning on doing a 2 week 'adventure ride' next year, mainly camping at night, and I'm looking at luggage options. I'm mainly looking at soft luggage solutions for a mixture of cost and practicality reasons. Other options I'm considering are the Giant Loop systems. Any comments on other systems are greatly received.

Thanks all,
Penfold13

Old 10-15-2012, 08:40 PM
drm
1st Gear Member

Solid choices based on my research. Another option is wolfman.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Penfold13
Hi all,

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I'm eyeing up this pannier set-up and just have a few questions.

1. How is it fairing after 2 years of being installed?
The bagz have held up well over a number of trips, in all sorts of weather.

2. Has anyone dropped the bike onto a loaded bag? Did the frames/bags/bike survive?
I have managed to drop the bike on both bags. More than once. No damage to the bags. One time the rack bent a inward a bit - bent it back with a firm tug and was good to go.

3. Did anyone come to any conclusions on max load weight?
With the KLX you do need to be sensitible about load weight. The Dirt Bagz system moves weight forward and uses the seat for support, minimizing the load on the subframe.

4. Any other comments on the set up?
I have added Dirt Bagz to other bikes in my stable. What are they, about one third the cost of a Giant Loop? For your planned usage you may consider a dry bag across the rack (does the 2009 have a rack still?) to hold you tent, sleeping pad or other long skinny stuff that won't fit into the Dirt Bagz - go easy on the weight though!

5. Is the US 2009 model the same set-up as the UK model with regards to this (you guys have carb still I think, but the rest of the bike is the same right?!).
If you are hooking your Dirt Bagz up to the carb/FI system you're doing it wrong!

Bit of background, I'm planning on doing a 2 week 'adventure ride' next year, mainly camping at night, and I'm looking at luggage options. I'm mainly looking at soft luggage solutions for a mixture of cost and practicality reasons. Other options I'm considering are the Giant Loop systems. Any comments on other systems are greatly received.

Thanks all,
Penfold13
See comments to your questions above.

Quick Reply: WTB: Dirt-bagz set