Crankcase breather mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 03:50 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Crankcase breather mod

Here are a couple of photos just to clear up the question as to whether or not the crankcase vent hole on the airbox is on the clean side or dirty side of the air filter.

Didn't pull it apart just for the sake of the argument, but needed to clean the air filter -- looked pretty caked after the last ride.

Removed the cap that I had on the outside of the airbox and inserted the green tie strap:

...and here it is on the inside of the airbox. Note, the backfire screen has been removed and it is protruding inside of the circle -- the clean side of the filter.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I don't like to run hot oil vapor back into the cool air stream. I want as much cool air as I can feed the engine. So I use a hose and filter on my 10r and zx7 as well.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:25 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mooredan

Here are a couple of photos just to clear up the question as to whether or not the crankcase vent hole on the airbox is on the clean side or dirty side of the air filter.

Didn't pull it apart just for the sake of the argument, but needed to clean the air filter -- looked pretty caked after the last ride.

Removed the cap that I had on the outside of the airbox and inserted the green tie strap:

...and here it is on the inside of the airbox. Note, the backfire screen has been removed and it is protruding inside of the circle -- the clean side of the filter.

Thanks Dan. I definitely remembered the breather hose outletbeing after the filter, but didn't have any photosto prove it.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Good to know, well I won't be making the drilled out airbox mod! Instead I'll go with NoBrakes cc suggestion. Thanks again for "enlightening" us!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Anyone have photos of what they have done on these crank case breather mods? not sure about the one I did in the front of the eng. but here is what I did I removed all of the air injection stuff and attatched a hose and a pcv valve at the end of the hose. Now I want to do the the breather on the backside of the eng. and I thought maybe some one might have photos of what they have done,and I am not sure what people are talking about when the mention the hot drill bit? Thanks for any help.....Bob

Old 01-24-2009, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bob Billen
Anyone have photos of what they have done on these crank case breather mods? not sure about the one I did in the front of the eng. but here is what I did I removed all of the air injection stuff and attatched a hose and a pcv valve at the end of the hose. Now I want to do the the breather on the backside of the eng. and I thought maybe some one might have photos of what they have done,and I am not sure what people are talking about when the mention the hot drill bit? Thanks for any help.....Bob
BB, check this out, lots of goodies in the FAQ/Links section.

DirtSurfer's Mod Day - One Stop Shopping for Mod How-To's with photos: https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_100000/tm.htm

Old 01-25-2009, 01:05 AM
1st Gear Member
Smile Great info

Thanks for all the good info, photos did not show up,but i still kinda get the picture I live in Golden,my Son and I are looking forward to some mtn. riding. We used to ride 650s but got tired of the weight of those biggies. Maybe we can ride with you someday in the near future. Happy days.....Bob Billen My email is billbobbin1@comcast.net

Last edited by Bob Billen; 01-25-2009 at 01:13 AM. Reason: missed spelled a word