Bike Stand For KLX250SF Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default $100 but works great

Craftsman Motorcycle Jack

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-motor...&mktRedirect=y

I was leery of jerking a 300 lb bike up and down on a stationery stand, so opted for this one. I did add a couple of 2x8 wood pieces to the lift platform to make it more stable. You can ease you bike up and down without strain and have complete control of its height, which is handy when remounting wheels and taking off your rear shock. With the added blocks it makes it just that much higher for easy access too.

No need to leave the long handle mounted to the jack. It just gets in the way and the castors roll easy.

It has stops that hold the jack's height without depending on the hydraulic jack, which is good for long term, and you can push the bike and jack to any corner of you garage for winter storage since it has castors.

Of course the castors are only good if you have a concrete floor.

Last edited by Oldad; 05-07-2015 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Tried to add link to Craftsman Jack.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:02 PM
Default not too good

i bought one of these for my klr it worked the first couple of times then the handle bent trying to lift bike to me the klr is too heavy for this type of stand it still works but i have to put blocks of wood on lift plate and muscle bike on to stand ive also used trolley jack to lift bike and then place axle stands under left and right footpeg if bike is going be sitting for a few days with wheel (s) off

Old 05-17-2015, 03:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Default These?

Originally Posted by uk klr nut
i bought one of these for my klr it worked the first couple of times then the handle bent trying to lift bike to me the klr is too heavy for this type of stand it still works but i have to put blocks of wood on lift plate and muscle bike on to stand ive also used trolley jack to lift bike and then place axle stands under left and right footpeg if bike is going be sitting for a few days with wheel (s) off
When you say you "bought one of these", what are "these"? You make no direct reference.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:30 PM

ive used axle stands on both road and trail bikes usink trolley jack and block of wood to jackup under engine and placing axle stands under both footpegs if uve got a helper like a wife lol u can lean
the bike over get one axle stand under footpeg lift bike up get the helper to slide other stand in its a bit rogh and ready but works if ur stuck

Old 05-22-2015, 11:32 PM

il go in to my ebay see if i can get description of stand