BB kit for $143

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Subseageorge
Has anyone had any dealings with these BB kits from China ?

78mm Cylinder Assy Piston Rings Pin Clip Head Base Gasket For Kawasaki KLX250 eBay

George
I owned a china bike before I upgraded to the klx, no way I would trust China clone again. It's not worth the frustration, let alone throwing your money away.

​​​​​​

Old 07-12-2017, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Howlinsage
I can't find GEO's post on this matter.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:52 AM

The AHL cylinder will fit, it is an exact copy of the original cylinder. I will order one today.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry I can't recall where I read it. OH! There it is. Look below.

Last edited by Howlinsage; 07-12-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Copied his posts here to keep the info in one place

On a side note, and speaking of cheating lol, I ordered a Chinese 300 kit (256.95 loonies to my door and 6 days delivery). It's not bad. Look for the one that has 299 stamped on the cylinder.
Piston is lower compression (good cause even the 250 has given me some knocks during testing with our fuel up here) , 8 gr lighter that OEM 300 but pin just about equals it out, same taper, fit is 1.9 thou. Rings good quality with good gap. Barrel casting is a little less finished externally but structurally sound and equal to OEM in dimensions. Machining on base is excellent, head surface has a bit of light milling chatter (probably fine but I lapped it anyway), honing is a little rough looking at it magnified, they should add to coolant flow to help with build up. Steaming hot water and soap wash is needed to get the bits out.
Gaskets are a no go (get OEM, work perfect). Besides fit a bit off, two coolant holes in the head gasket are punched out wrong and would cause an overheat due to restriction. Too bad because the quality and material would of been fine.
All in all a darn good deal for up here.
The big stuff looks good IMO from a couple of decades in the biz. Gaskets included should be inspected. Mine were not punched correctly for coolant passages and went OEM.

After I put the circlips in my fingers I decided on OEM (kinda soft and OEM fits).
And,,, the final need-to-modify was the lower cam chain tensioner. Everything fits and is in the correct place but they stopped machining the internal relief 3mm short. So file, hacksaw or use the lathe to shorten the spring holding bolt 4mm shorter.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:22 PM

Perfect thank you. No problems to get it to fit then

Old 07-12-2017, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Same outfit selling BB300 on Amazon
Amazon Amazon
I see that there are only 4 left out of a batch of 25 on Ebay.. No telling whether or not they will restock although they seem to be into the bike as they also sell pistons, rings and valves.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:03 PM

I just bought a kit on ebay together with original klx300 gaskets. Will update when it arrives.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Robban
I just bought a kit on ebay together with original klx300 gaskets. Will update when it arrives.
Yup, I see it's down to 3 and also says there is 22hrs left in the sale. They may or may not adjust the price.
Robban, did you find a good price on gaskets. Local dealer here wants $50 just for the head gasket.

Old 07-13-2017, 10:58 AM

Bought the gaskets from a seller on ebay and the head gasket was approx $50
I searched online first and could'nt find any cheaper ones.

Do you know if I can reuse the piston circlips from my 250 piston? I dont trust the chinese clips.

Quick Reply: BB kit for $143