Awesome

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 04:24 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Awesome

Hey guys, I just got back from Tacoma, and a friend of mine gave me something when we got ready to leave. He's a friend with a big heart and is always looking for ways to show how much he cares about people. You see when he was 7 years old, he and his parents drove down to Houston Texas for a surgical procedure to try and reverse the flow into his heart. It seems that when he was born something was backwards, well they spent 3 months there, and I can't imagine what that was like thinking of my own 9 year old. He is now 36 and on a waiting list for a new heart, and I got to spend a week hunting with him. He can't really walk too far, or do anything much more than just taking it really easy, anyway a nicer guy you will never meet. When we were hunting a couple of weeks ago, we ate out a lot with a couple of other guys in the group, and every time we went to pay for our meal at the cashier it had already been taken care of, he would sneak off and pay before we had a chance to. It's heart breaking to see how he has deteriorated in the last few years. I do hope things take an upward turn for him, his mom, dad, and brother and sister are the most caring people I have ever known. So we ate dinner last night, and I was about to leave, and he said he had something for me out in the car, and I said what? Well here it is. It s not only a great gift, but as you can tell he really put some thought into it, Well I have to get unpacked, I just got back from riding the KLX to the post office. Home 5 minutes and I was off and riding. Later guys.

Name:  Picture_0393.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  90.7 KB

Old 10-30-2006, 04:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Awesome

Your friend sounds like a terrific person ... a model for others to imitate.

So now there's added responsibility on your shoulders -- next time you say you're going to take your Kawasaki out for a spin, you'll have to clarify as to which one you're talking about!!!

Old 10-30-2006, 04:35 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

So what mods do you have planned for that??

Old 10-30-2006, 04:46 AM

acerbis trigger guard ?

Old 10-30-2006, 04:57 AM
1st Gear Member

You guys are the best, mods.......hmmmmmm Maybe I could Tim the Tool Man tweak it and put a co2 add on. LOL

My wife did let me stop at the Sportsman's Warehouse on the way home and get a couple more things. A soft case for the new gun, and a cartridge holder, not pictured also is a shooting bi-pod for holding the pistol steady for hunting. Man I spent $900.00 just for the pistol and the scope, I am starting to feel guilty, and our anniversary is coming up on December 11th, maybe all you guys could take up a collection since I spent too much money lately.

Name:  Picture_0394.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  89.2 KB
Name:  Picture_0396.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  70.1 KB

Old 10-30-2006, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Deej,

That's a great gift, to have the troubles he has and still think of you is admirable. Don't feel guilty Deej, life is too short for that. Just think of something to give to your friend that he may like. If you can't think of anything just take him hunting again, it sounds like he really enjoyed it. Or maybe he just enjoyed your company.

Old 10-30-2006, 05:20 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 10-30-2006, 06:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like a great friend you have there deej. Hope he gets a transplant and all turns out well for him.
Nice Ruger you have there too. I don't hunt, but I was pretty active in long range handgun mettalic silhouette shooting for some years.People had to not just hit, but knock down solid steel targets at four different ranges-the last was at 200 meters/220 yards.The target at 200 meters was a 55 pound steel cutout of a ram.Many people would shoot Thompson Center Conter handguns.I shot the heck out of a 10" barrel in my TC in 30/30 caliber.While a 30/30 rifle is considered a bit of a pip squeek, in a handgun its quite potent.Anyway, I also hane a Ruger Blackhawk with s scope and a 7 1/2 barel.We couldn't use scopes in the matches though. I tried a Redhawk for a time (not the Super-like yours), but that particular gun never obtained the acurracy I wanted from it, even with lots of reloading experimenting and such.
Once I met a mountain biker that packed a .357 handgun when he was out riding in the woods.The gun may well have saved his life once, when he came upon a group of very mean, very wild dogs.He fired and the dogs ran away, but he may very well have otherwise been on their lunch menu.I met him in Puyallup about 10 years ago.I hadn't considered tha possibilty of wild dogs attacking someone.

jon

Old 10-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Cool new toys deej!