General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

These tires are awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Default These tires are awesome!

I just picked up a set of Dunlop 208, not a bad deal either. Shipping and both tires for $200, well at least I thought that was a good deal. But anyways, I went riding over Bear Mountain this weekend and man, it felt like my tires had nails and they were digging into the road. And it was pretty sweet, when we stopped, well one I will have to post my tires and two the tire was so sticky that all the little rockes were sticking to the tires.

Now to me that's hot!

Old 08-23-2005, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: These tires are awesome!

yes the 208's are nice I use to have them..

were did you get them from??

Old 08-23-2005, 04:41 AM

I got them from www.mawonline.com and it took 3 days for them to get to me. Not bad at all.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator

That’s a not a bad shipped price. I got the best mileage out of 208's and best luck on not picking up so many nails. I hate nails [:@]

For better sticking try the Michelin Pilot Powers next time. Felt like I was on rails when I tried them. About 265 shipped from flatoutmotorcycles.com

Have fun and be safe.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

notstock. i need new rear tire for my 05 636. and your saying that the pilots would be the best choice? My front is still good and there still stock Bridgestone. So how do you feel about mix matching tires????

Old 08-23-2005, 03:35 PM

I wouldn't mix and match. My front tire was still good, but I changed the tires anyways. Just so they are wearing at the same time. I kept my old, good front tire for a spare. Just my two cents.

Michelin Pilot Power Tires on that site I gave before, the front (dont' know about the 05, but mine) 120/60zr17 is $95.95 and rear 180/55zr17 $109.95. Those aren't bad prices.

My freind got his Dunlop front tire only for $150 and that's the kid the gets the discount at the bike shop. RIP OFF!

Old 08-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

notstock. i need new rear tire for my 05 636. and your saying that the pilots would be the best choice? My front is still good and there still stock Bridgestone. So how do you feel about mix matching tires????
I have mixed front and rear before with no problem. Maybe if you were race or hitting track real hard it would affect you.
It is all personal choice. Fronts last longer than rears that’s why I ended up mixing them.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

LIL "D" and notstock, thanks for the input. Since it's ok to run mix tires, I'll be doing that. I'm kinda short on funds right now and the bike is my daily commuter. So thats again.

Old 08-24-2005, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

LIL "D" and notstock, thanks for the input. Since it's ok to run mix tires, I'll be doing that. I'm kinda short on funds right now and the bike is my daily commuter. So thats again.
I do love the pilot powers but if your mainly commuting I would stick the BT20 Bridgestone or the Dunlop 208. High mileage tires that give good traction to. PP's don't give you mileage like the others.

Ride safe bro.

Old 08-24-2005, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

thanks brother, ride safe!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: These tires are awesome!