Another Ride report

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Another Ride report

Why is the river brown? The only time a river gets brown here is when we get 6 inches of rain in 24 hrs, but it clears up in a couple of days and you can see the bottom of the river even in 10 ft of water. There is a river in Eastern Washington, called the Okanogan River, and its always brown. I wonder if they have Brown Trout in it?[8D]

Old 08-06-2007, 11:12 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej2

Why is the river brown? The only time a river gets brown here is when we get 6 inches of rain in 24 hrs, but it clears up in a couple of days and you can see the bottom of the river even in 10 ft of water. There is a river in Eastern Washington, called the Okanogan River, and its always brown. I wonder if they have Brown Trout in it?[8D]

The water is clear but the bottom of the river at this point is really sandy. And due to not much rain it is really shallow and you can see the sand bars.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:22 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mnmadness

Hey man, Where do you live? I'm also in the land of 10k. May I suggest Martinau trail system up in Akeley. Also suggest Theilmann ama trail ride this fall, that place is great. Only 2 rides a year allowed there. It's horse trails the rest of the year. Fyi, Theilmann gets greasy when wet due to the fact you're riding on alot of horse crap! I had a hell of a time up there on stockers 1 year. Sand hill can also be tough depending on which direction they are set up. That said, I'm not really all that good a rider.
I'm in Woodbury. Not too far from you I believe. I just got the bike in December and have been to the trails about 5 times. I"ve been to Chenwatana, St. Croix , Gandy Dancer almost into Supperior, (that was an interesting ride), Snake Creek, and Namadji. I plan on going back to Namadji as soon as possible. Only a 2 hour drive to Danbury and 30 miles up the Gandy. I'll have to check out Martinau. And I'm not that great of a rider either. It's been a long time since I've been riding and starting to get better. Just need to do it and not think about it. [8D]When in doubt, Crank on the gas! I did end up down in the mud again this last ride. It really didin't look that deep! [:@]

Old 08-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: warsanrotts

ORIGINAL: deej2

The water is clear but the bottom of the river at this point is really sandy. And due to not much rain it is really shallow and you can see the sand bars.
A second look and I see that the water is clear, also looks shallow enough to cross on the bike. Well with a paddle tire maybe.