450 headlight on a 250

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 450 headlight on a 250

I'd take an '06 or '07 any day over the '09. The '09 reminds me of the XT225 or the new DS'd WR250. It doesn't look all that dirt worthy, IMO, at least not on par with the earlier models.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:30 PM
IG

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

I'd take an '06 or '07 any day over the '09. The '09 reminds me of the XT225 or the new DS'd WR250. It doesn't look all that dirt worthy, IMO, at least not on par with the earlier models.
surprising you'd be so shallow brian. I would think of all people you would see beyond it's "looks" to realize what has been improved. let me give you the rundown on what could potentially make it better off-road.

stronger wheels from installing thicker spokes, more rigid swingarm and improved chain adjusters, steeper rake making it respond quicker, beefed up tranny, improved radiators and cooling capacity, better brakes and front brake line design/location, I'm sure there's more I'm missing.

Yes it has reduced travel, but I would bet the new suspension valving is improved. I mean sure the '06/'07 has more travel but when someone like myself can get the forks to bottom when pushed hard enough it doesn't mean squat evenif you've got 24" of travel, if the internal valving can't handle the loads asked of it. Tires are cosmetic as I think you realize.

Finally, to compare it to an XT225 is just uninformed on your part. Have you seen an XT225? It has nothing in common with the KLX, old or new. I realize you think that ever since you bought your overpriced KTM that people around here now worship you and whatever you sayand they probably do, but let's not go around spreading false information regarding the new KLX and comparing it to a bike that has nothing in common with the KLX or WR. The WR has fuel-injection and has nothing in common with the XT, totally different bikes with different intentions. I think someone may be a little jealous of the newer design after paying too much for their KTM. Well, maybe not jealous but zealous of the new KTM's out and now having an older design as the new ones are all new? damn, they always change stuff!![:@]Wait, you don't like the new ones and are happy with your '07, right?

Am I the one posting false information or getting flawed data, or didKawasaki.com mess up and provide photos ontheir website without the real ones of the new KLX with drum brakes, air cooled engine, old coventional style telescoping forks with cool rubber black boots, the all new rear steel swingarm and 80's squared off styling? Please update my kawi website if you could, I'd like to see the new '09 KLX that you saylooks like the TT.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ya cant beat the original klx, its the bestest.....4 eva

Old 11-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I think i had too much candy today.... damn sour starbursts........

mmmmm candy.......

Old 11-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Hey mom! Look at all the cute kittens!!!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ok to actually make a contribution, i dont like it... it doesnt fit with the bike.... i like the ufo/acerbis ones better.... and it doesnt match that front fender at all,, you can soooo tell where the front fender should touch the headlight shroud.... to each his own.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:08 PM
IG

wow, now that was constructive. way to voice your opinion ems. I think we agree on this one? you don't think it fits the bike, and I say it looks out of place. but you're right, to each his own. these are just our opinions.[sm=violin.gif]

Old 11-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

plus its white.... there is no white on my bike anymore.... now if that was green it might look a little better... glad you like it... to me my bike is like my tattoos.... i like it/them, and if anyone else doesnt... too bad... i could care less.... im happy with the looks of my bike, my buddies were trying to convince me to buy the acerbis tank.... imo it looks like ***.... the one guy said, "cant you deal with a little ugly for the extra range" No..... thats why i bought this bike i love how it looks, i could have got the drz, or a streeted wr, but i like the klx period.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:28 PM
IG

yep, I'm with you on the looks of the bike. it is one nice looking bike and to take away from it by installing any of them aftermarket tanks just does that- it takes away from the very cool look of the bike. i mean if you're venturing 100 miles away from camp on a KLX on some enduro ride in the first place, you're probably on the wrong bike anyways.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG
I realize you think that ever since you bought your overpriced KTM that people around here now worship you and whatever you say ...
Yeah, that's exactly what I think, a$$hole.

Someone states their opinion and out you come with the personal attacks. And you wonder why no one likes you.

Quick Reply: 450 headlight on a 250