2009 EFI KLX250 - FMF Header question

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 02:17 PM
1st Gear Member

If you are interested I have my 300 kit that I took off my bike after about 8000 km, that I may be interested in selling. In addition I have a spare EJK controller, still in its box that I will part with. I ended up with 2 units as I ordered an extra for my buddy who sold his bike before doing a BB upgrade. I was keeping the stuff as spares in case of an emergency, but realise my garage is so full of KLX bits that I will probably never use, I should clean up.
With regards to the 300 kit, it is original Kawasaki parts. You will need to buy a head and base gasket, as well as 2 new circlips.
You could probably get away with re using the originals but I would recomend ordering these new.
I will sell the piston, rings and barrel for 300 and the EJK for 100, plus 50 for airfreight.
The only other part you will need to order is this neat little mounting unit for the EJK .http://www.wiseco.com/pdfs/Wiseco-FMC-Mounts.pdf
This allows you to Zip tie the mount to your bar clamps, and slip the EJK neatly in.
Dobek/EJK make fuel controllers for Wiseco, Two Brothers etc etc. All the same units with different name stickers.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Good deal, don't pass it up!

Old 09-12-2013, 02:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Sent you a PM

Old 09-12-2013, 03:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nikolaj Lykke
I love this website, its a goldmine of information!

So that means you dont need to eliminate the 02 sensor either? Interesting...
Juicebox, EJK & PCv all come with 02 sensor eliminators, i use one & so does everyone i know with a bigbore kit. It stabilizes the ecu into giving a uniform signal which helps the controller to give a smoother more controlled map to piggyback off.

I have tried riding a good friend of mines 331 with EJK fitted & there is almost no noticeable difference in racing off the line or top speed. The only thing i got better is a smoother all round power delivery but that's from a year of fiddling & i've created over 30 maps to get to that point. He on the other hand spent a week mucking around with the EJK & got it almost perfect!!

Grahamgower & my friend in Thailand is happy with the EJK. It's the cheaper option that won't disappoint. If you decide to go down the PCv route, I would be happy to send you a selection of maps that could easily be tweaked to work on your bike.

Last edited by JoelThailand; 09-12-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I am sort of a perfectionist when it comes to these kind of things, which is why the PC V appeals to me. No doubt its the superior option.

The smoother all around power delivery that you mention is exactly the reason that I would want the powercommander. I would also guess that it would have improved fuel economy over the EJK controller once the map is spot on. Range is something that means a lot to me and the bike already has a small fueltank. (btw. IMS removed all references to the development of a bigger tank for our bike and they didnt respond to my email asking if they dropped it)

However, I have to be realistic and think about economics. Its hard for me to justify the pricetag on the PC V if the EJK will be almost as good...my obsessive disorder will have to deal with it

Old 09-12-2013, 05:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Nikolaj, perhaps there is another option for you at this point. The cam mod produced power I could feel and made my carb'd bike more fun even when it was totally stock. Your bike starts out with more power than mine and I think, based on the information in the MCM thread, it is suppose to respond to the mod better than the carb'd bikes, . I think you'll really enjoy the new power - assuming your shop can get it done correctly. With that in mind, what if you just use that O2 eliminator mentioned in the MCM thread to richen up the A/F ratio?

Old 09-12-2013, 06:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah that would be possible Klxster. If I end up just going with the Marcelino mod, I will probably do that. Id rather risk the bike running too rich than too lean.

If I want to go big bore it will not be able to function without either EJK or PCV I think.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:31 AM
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=Nikolaj Lykke;501250]I love this website, its a goldmine of information!

So that means you dont need to eliminate the 02 sensor either? Interesting...

O2 sensor must go.The EJK kit comes with a resistor that you plug in to fool it.
Otherwise it will always be trying to lean out the mixture while the EJK is trying to rich it up.
Yip I bought mine direct from their site.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I thought the powerbomb was cool until I lit my pants on fire a few times. It also cracked in front of the bomb part. I had it tig welded and it happened again and then three failed brazing attempts. It slips right into place theres no problems there. The difference in thickness vs. expansion/cooling makes it crack. Not worth it IMHO.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:12 AM
1st Gear Member

I have the powerbomb also and have had no issues and It has no heat shield on it either but nothing has caught fire or broken, I think a few did but it was a defect when they were made. The increased power I got from it was easily noticable and worth it as I got more torque right off idle were the bike was really lacking. I also have a carb, so I'm not sure if it all applies to the efi bikes. I've ran it for 2 years and about 5000 miles.