For the FMF Q4 slipon with FMF PB header users

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 03:39 PM
1st Gear Member
Default For the FMF Q4 slipon with FMF PB header users

Hi everyone. I am looking to buy these two things.

But I absolutely want a louder sound than stock but do not want to have too much as the Two brothers seems to give.

I was wondering how would you compare the sound of the stock klx250s 2009with the combo FMF offers.

I listen to a lot of videos on youtube and it seems to be a bit louder. But as some people here and FMF, they claim it to be quieter.

sorry if there's some typing errors, I am not 100% bilingual as you can see.

Thanks a lot guys

Old 01-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hmmm well if its loud you want, get the Muzzy Full system. It can be loud, or you can keep it low by shifting and not giving it too much throttle.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:00 PM
1st Gear Member

I run the 2-bros slip-on and love it. It's not too loud for my taste and I get a lot of compliments on how it sounds. AND if I really want to quiet it down a bit, they offer various tips that can be installed to do this....the only time I think that I may want it quieter is when I am on a pavement run for extended periods at the same RPM....sometimes it gets to me, but I hate those types of rides anyways.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:31 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the FMF Q4 muffler, but not header. It is definitely LOUDER than stock, but remains at a very reasonable level. Much lower tone at idle, and more of a bark to it higher up in the RPM's. Still not as loud as my buddy's stock crf250x with the end cap removed. I'd definitely recommend it if you are looking for better power/sound, but don't want to overdo it.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:38 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the HMF muffler and FMF Powerbomb...def. the cheapest combo out there..and it sounds great.

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=30817

Old 01-13-2010, 02:56 AM
1st Gear Member

I like the combo, pretty quiet at idle and under like 3k rpms. But if you open it up and under load you'll definitely hear it

A lot of the local places I ride I keep quiet going in and coming out. If coasting you can barely hear the bike running. Light load and steady throttle at low rpms and it's quiet enough,.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I will go with that combo.

If someone else has something more to say, feel free.

Thanks again.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the combo and it's great. Low when you want it to be with an nice growl during hard acceleration.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like the combo I need to get for the GF I am looking to let it breathe with as little sound as possible as cheep as possible.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:53 PM
1st Gear Member

My sons 07 has both FmF Q4 slip on and powerbomb header.Very nice setup. You will have to rejet, [richer].Much better sound, but not to loud.Also a bit more lower end power.We think its a great up grade. WE also put the 300kit on it. Now its the way kawasaki should have made them. Good luck

Quick Reply: For the FMF Q4 slipon with FMF PB header users