1st dump of my KLX

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 03:43 AM
1st Gear Member
Default 1st dump of my KLX

Going up my driveway tocircle around to get the mail.While looping aroundI almost hit the curb(should have powered thru) the forward momentum ended, and my rightfoot couldn't reach the ground. When it did, the bike wasat almost at a 45degree & down I went.
Thank God I had my helmet on or I would have cracked my melon as it hit the pavement.
My wife & mom came outto help me get the bike off but they just helped me straighten the wheel so I could clear my foot without further damage to the bike.

Does anybody have any new takeoff rear signal, rt mirror & brush guard for a 06/07 they want to sell?
My stuff is scraped up but still usable. I would like to get her back to new.

I told my brother I would replace his helmet (Shoei)with a new one as his took a blow. He told me not to worry about it but I think even though Iwasn't moving forward & didn't hit hard, I probably should replace it.

All in all, zero MPH & probably all of a $500 accident betweenthe helmet & hard parts.I wonder if my Geico comp will cover it?

Old 06-02-2008, 04:01 AM
Default RE: 1st dump of my KLX

I know the feeling!!! Twice this weekend.Once trying to miss a low tree over the trail(not paying attention) swerved to miss,shot up the embankment into some small pines and over I went.No biggie,no damage and no injury.Second time was almost exactly what you did,only in dirt trying to avoid a marker sign.Couple small scratches,bout it.Still a bummer.

Glad you are o-tay!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 01:24 PM
1st Gear Member

i have all the stuff you need.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:53 PM
1st Gear Member

If I was u I would change those big ugly turnsignals anyways since they are scratched now. Put some small LED blinkers on.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:38 AM
1st Gear Member

It's a dirtbike scratches and dings are all part of riding. when I ride on the trails/BushI push myself to the limit. Faster and harder every time I ride (on the trails that is,I follow all traffic laws on-road). My best friend told me once If you don't wipe-out your not riding hard enough!![8D][8D]And Know I do not try to lay it down and it does not happen very often. Then repair all cosmetics over the winter!!

Ken

Old 06-03-2008, 02:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Silly as it may sound, I like the stop lights & blinkers.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:17 AM
1st Gear Member

YOU said your stuff was still usable not completely broken.

Ken

Old 06-03-2008, 02:41 PM
1st Gear Member

thats sux

Old 07-08-2008, 12:00 AM
1st Gear Member

I dumped mine 3 times. I am so pissed. First time I was coasting down a rocky hill and lost my balance and down I went. Second time i was trying to avoid a huge mud puddle on some gnarly ATV trails and my short legs couldn't reach the ground to catch me in time. The 3rd and worst time I was coasting down a hill in town and the genius tat I am I was tryin to sit on the seat on one side and I immediately lost balance and the bike went down on the curb.....puta nice scratch on the swingarm and scratched up the front fender...*sigh*

Old 07-08-2008, 01:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Could I count how many times my bike went over... Hummmmm, maby if I counted after a ride. It usually goes down AT LEAST once per ride.
Last real good one was sooooclose to being videotaped. I just went out of range. Tried a hill climb in some pretty solid dirt in a active pit where they were digging with excavators. I tried a small hill climb too slow in 1st gear, as it neared the top momentum gave up, the front tire lifted, the back tire then proceeded to speed up off the lip of the near 90 degree slope (It felt like, haha), and vrooom, off the lip, my feet now on the ground and holding onto the handlebars over my head as the bike turns to the left a bit and BAM! Lands half on me, knocking me on my *** and sliding down the hill. Bent the mirror, and clutch lever, broke my brand new signal lights, and scratched brand new maier fender..Oh, and hurt my thumb for like 3 weeks.
Haha, all in good fun. The memories..

Also went down once bending my fork tube... That wasn't a cheap fall. Also bent my right foot peg mount. Just bought one of those, ordered from Bike bandit for something like $65, with a few other things I ordered.

Quick Reply: 1st dump of my KLX