09 KLX Luggage Rack

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 01:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 09 KLX Luggage Rack

Yeah, I figured that people who did a lot of fishing and hunting might give the rack a long look. I'm still considering picking oneup for when I go touring. It's a bolt-on item, so you could remove and stow it whenever you want. Ijust wish they would make some pannier frames that attach to it....although they wouldn't be that hard to fab-up.

ORIGINAL: Airborne

Thanks - bookmarked that website! I have always been a packrat and many years ago did lots of overnighters up into the mountains on sheep hunting trips, flyfishing, etc. This might just be the cat's *** for stuff like that.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:13 AM
1st Gear Member

I think it looks like butt..

If u reversed this luggage rack you couldmount a bicycle tire to it and use it for a friggin trailer....

Old 06-25-2008, 06:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow, what can I say to that. I didn't post the friggin thing to promote its looks, sport. This is for those people who aren't quite so self concious when they are in the middle of the woods on a camping, fishing or hunting trip, but to each his own.

ORIGINAL: f1rocco

If u reversed this luggage rack you couldmount a bicycle tire to it and use it for a friggin trailer....

Old 06-25-2008, 07:36 AM

ORIGINAL: f1rocco

If I can load a boned out bighorn or mule deer on the back, I don't care what the hell it looks like. If you have the stones to prefer humping it out on a packboard instead of on a bike, be my guest. Bowhunting in the early part of the season, though, the faster you can get it home and to the meat locker, the better the eating. I've brought elk quarters out on my mountain bike, so all I need is the means to do it better and easier on a bike. This rack looks to me like a winner.

Anything that will let me drag along my belly boat, flyrod, hunting and camping gear, etc is all good with me. Just adds another dimension to riding.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:30 AM
1st Gear Member

No offense anyone...sorry....

I had an 16 hour day on roofs yesterday and just had time to read post and sleep.Sorry again..But to the luggage rack.....I did a mild flat but bumpy offroad with my buddy on back and my thoughts would be anything over 50-70 lbs on the rear would or could cause the front end to lift pretty easy......Max speed I got with my buddy was about 24mph and his weight wasnt right on the rear tire area..My front tire was barely touching.....

Old 06-25-2008, 01:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Handling certainly changes when you put a lot of weight on this little ride. ~30 pounds in my backpack is noticable.

While two up riding is possible, I don't think it would be practical for anything at typical road speeds for most of us.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:04 PM
1st Gear Member

It's all good.My response was a bit on the testy side for some reason. I agree on the looks though. From a practical standpoint, I have had this bike loaded down pretty well when I gotouring, though I doubt is was over 70lbs.

WRT Sid post's errr..post[8D],pun intended, I think 24mph is par for the coarse if you are off road hauling some wieight Typically, you arejust lookingto haul,or drag, say a gutted hind quartersback to the camp site or truck. If you have ever seen a tote goat, you would think 25 mph is supersonic! To those unfamiliar, a 'Tote goat' is basically a lawn mower engine in the original, unsuspended mini bike frame.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

I just got off the phone with the gentleman that makes and sells these racks. He's a class act.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get the panniers too. I like the looks of the Dirt-Bagz better but, his panniers look like they're built to last. Hmmm ...

Old 06-26-2008, 03:38 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Looks like the rack on this DRZ I rode with last fall:

Old 06-26-2008, 09:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow! Last time I talked to him, the panniers were still in the works. Were did you find the picture of them? I must have missed it at the website.

ORIGINAL: Sid Post

I just got off the phone with the gentleman that makes and sells these racks. He's a class act.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get the panniers too. I like the looks of the Dirt-Bagz better but, his panniers look like they're built to last. Hmmm ...

Quick Reply: 09 KLX Luggage Rack