Kawasaki Mule Discuss the multi purpose Mule within.

Mule Stalling

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 06:55 PM
Default Mule Stalling

I'm having issues with my 2008 Mule 610 stalling and I hope to find some help here. It cranks and idles fine but stalls after 10-15 minutes of riding. The ambient temperature does seem to make the problem worse as it rarely occurs until the temp is above 60 F. The stalls have occurred on long rides on flat terrain however the problem seems much worse when the Mule is under load or strained(i.e., climbing hills, in 4wd Low, towing, etc). When the Mule stalls, all indications are that it's out of fuel. The engine will turn over but not crank until I tap on the carburetor bowl with a wrench or screwdriver. After I do that it will crank back up and run fine for a few minutes before repeating the same thing all over again. I have replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, had the carburetor cleaned, checked the air filter(good), checked the spark plug(good), checked all air flow(good) and the problem persists. I've had it in the shop twice but of course it ran great for them(outside temp was too low or they weren't able to put it under enough strain). I read on a forum that oil overfill could cause oil to block the pulse line prohibiting fuel flow from the fuel pump so I checked the oil level and it was a little over. I drained the excess and got it to a good level, removed the pulse line and turned the starter over to blow out any oil(very small amount came out), removed the plug and turned over the starter to blow out any oil(none present). Has anyone had a similar experience? Any suggestions or thoughts would be most welcome.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:30 PM
1st Gear Member

About the only active discussions on this forum revolve around KLX 250S bikes. You may have better luck at this forum:

Kawasaki ATV and Mule - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums