General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

No pwer what so ever what can be wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member
Default No pwer what so ever what can be wrong?

Well I took my 2006 zzr600 to a Kawasaki dealer to get a tune up, plugs and valves, the bike has 13k on the clock, well I got it back after its tune and I got stuck in traffic and I could not really get on it, but when I was clear of traffic I rolled on and nothing but popping out the exhaust and no power what so ever, it would simpilly not rev up, it was like starving for fuel as if it needs gas or needs to switched to reserve fuel but it has a half a tank 91 octane. the RPMs that this happens at is between 4k and and up. they said the exhaust valves were a little loose when I brought it in but they tightend them up to spec and the plugs and wires are fine, I did ride it in the rain before but do you guys think that could have caused this or would you guys think it is carburation, or other mechanical issues or electrical? It is still at the dealer as I write this, any suggestions are welcome.

Sorry for the miss spell in the title.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Well I took my 2006 zzr600 to a Kawasaki dealer to get a tune up, plugs and valves, the bike has 13k on the clock, well I got it back after its tune and I got stuck in traffic
Take it back to them to re-trace their steps. Could be a pinched hose or a line that fell off.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for your quick reply. I took it back today and they worked on it all day and I actually just got off the phone with the dealer, They said they got it running normal and took it for a ride to test it and it ran fine for five minutes and then back to that same symptoms like I have previously posted. but I will keep you informed of what is happening. I was thinking the same about a vac line but they told me they checked it. so I am stumped on what can be wrong. I know a little about engines and I am learning more but I am stumped.

Thanks again

Old 02-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

but I will keep you informed of what is happening
thanks

Old 02-11-2009, 08:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06zzr6
Thanks for your quick reply. I took it back today and they worked on it all day and I actually just got off the phone with the dealer, They said they got it running normal and took it for a ride to test it and it ran fine for five minutes and then back to that same symptoms like I have previously posted. but I will keep you informed of what is happening. I was thinking the same about a vac line but they told me they checked it. so I am stumped on what can be wrong. I know a little about engines and I am learning more but I am stumped.

Thanks again
Sounds like a possible fuel starvation issue - filter or a blocked tank vent possibly if the power loss is across all cylinders.

Another possibility is a failing coil - they have a tendency to fail as they heat up.

Let the dealer sort it - he's probably got part lying around that he can swap out.

Rob

Old 02-13-2009, 12:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem to me. Good luck with the fix bro!

Old 02-13-2009, 03:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Check the fuel filter, that is what my ZZR needed with similar syptoms. A new $5 filter and it was fine.